Author Topic: Autogefuhl HR-V review!  (Read 2053 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Autogefuhl HR-V review!
« on: March 11, 2022, 01:21:58 PM »
The one we've all been waiting for (even if you're a Jazz owner) :-)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Autogefuhl HR-V review!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 08:16:44 PM »
Small thing, I noticed the hazard lights switch is recessed on the HRV.

On the Jazz it’s too easy to press it while you are using the finger rest just above for the touchscreen.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 04:57:01 PM »
Thomas from Autogefuhl does amazing in depth 'real-world' reviews.  As i've recently driven an HRV, I can say I pretty much agreed with everything he said.  Plus he made it clear the vehicle was designed with emission and economy in mind and unlike most of the other so called expert reviewers, he didn't miss the point. 

Thanks for posting. very interesting.  im actually considering replacing my lease golf in October with a HRV.  ive driven one as I said, and although I liked it a lot, I was unconvinced it did anything that my Crosstar didnt.  Maybe I'll try it again.   ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 07:08:18 PM »
Is it just my feeling that Thomas was much more enthusiastic in his review about the Jazz a year ago than he is now about the HR-V?
I also wonder what the advantage of the HR-V is over the Jazz or Crosstar.
Especially if you look at the considerable price difference for comparable versions. Roughly £6000 more for an HR-V Advance than a Crosstar (24%) and the difference to an EX is about £7300 (31% more expensive).

Yes, the HR-V is a bit bigger, has (just a little) more trunk space, is somewhat slower and burns about 17.5% more liquid gold according to WLTP.... Am I still missing something?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:51:35 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 10:22:21 PM »
Is it just my feeling that Thomas was much more enthusiastic in his review about the Jazz a year ago than he is now about the HR-V?
I also wonder what the advantage of the HR-V is over the Jazz or Crosstar.
Especially if you look at the considerable price difference for comparable versions. Roughly £6000 more for an HR-V Advance than a Crosstar (24%) and the difference to an EX is about £7300 (31% more expensive).

Yes, the HR-V is a bit bigger, has (just a little) more trunk space, is somewhat slower and burns about 17.5% more liquid gold according to WLTP.... Am I still missing something?
Comfort and seating height?

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 10:53:10 PM »
Comfort and seating height we don't miss in the Jazz. What we do miss is the (missing...) height adjustment of the passenger seat in our Jazz!
Oh... the HR-V doesn't have that either.... :(

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »
Comfort and seating height we don't miss in the Jazz. What we do miss is the (missing...) height adjustment of the passenger seat in our Jazz!
Oh... the HR-V doesn't have that either.... :(
Agreed the HR-V doesn't have a height adjustable passenger seat but, I believe, it's seat height is significantly higher than the Jazz. Trouble is I can't find any true comparisons until RIDC report. My wife needs a seat height she can slide into rather than drop down into.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 11:49:26 AM »
Simple.......HR-V. (Advance).....Vs Crosstar.
Bigger all round, considerably more leg room in front and EEnormouse! in the rear. At 6'tall and 15.5 stone, I actually could not get into the crosstar comfortably, whereas in the HR-V I can get a perfect driving position.
Far better ride than Crosstar (the one I drove anyway).
Seat height considerably higher for old chaps like me.
Boot much bigger in real life. (In area, identical to Karoq, but admittedly not as tall due to the 'coupe' roof line.)
Don't believe the Honda figures on acceleration it is just as fast as my Karoq 1.5 turbo DSG both 0-62 and 50-70.
FAR more and better tech. LKAS & RDMS tuned down to an acceptable level.
Kick open and walk away close boot lid, wiper blade defrost elements on windscreen. L shaped heater diffuser outlets, 4 stage adjustable regen, etc, etc.
I frequently get 70mpg round town.
According to the fibometer 40 litre tank full to the brim =435miles which equals average (for my driving after 2 months and 1200 miles) of 49.44MPG.
Like All e:HEV Hondas the cross country mileage suffers as the ICE is running for a lot more of the time. (Karoq tank 55 litres also giving 435 miles = 35.9MPG. Thereby saving me £1,085 a year.
I bought my HRV before the rip-off price rise and including the most expensive (red)
paint was £29,860.  In 2021 the Crosstar with premium red paint cost £24,465.  Being a difference of £5395. Worth it (to me) Dam' right !! ;D Although I would have preferred the deep windscreen of the Crosstar!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »
At 6'tall and 15.5 stone, I actually could not get into the crosstar comfortably.

Really..? I'm just over six feet (but don't put more than 11 stone on the scale).
I have more than enough (leg) room in the front of the Jazz and also Crosstar and I am very comfortable behind the wheel. Perfect driving position. Would 4.5 stone make the difference?
And who needs that EEnormouse! leg room in the rear, if more than enough is really enough?

As for some other differences:
- Indeed, bigger all round, a disadvantage in a busy city like ours.
- Boot space: HR-V 31 liters more than our EX, 35 liters more than the Crosstar.
- LKAS & RDMS are in our Jazz (also) at a very acceptable level.
- You did till now 49.44 mpg, our Jazz from September till today (so all winter) 62.91 mpg.
- You frequently get 70mpg,  we frequently get much better mileage round town, up to almost 80 mpg.
- Acceleration it is just as fast as your Karoq 1.5 turbo DSG both 0-62 and 50-70. That makes our EX 0-62 at least a full second faster than your Karoq and new HR-V.  ;D

For the rest, better ride, higher seating position, far more(?) and better(?) tech seems to me to be a matter of personal preference and subjective.
Your personal preference (as well as mine) is clear. Yours is more expensive and more difficult to drive and park in the old town of Toruń.  ;)

Wishing you many pleasant and above all safe miles in your (no doubt!) beautiful HR-V!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 02:10:53 PM by Jazzik »

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 02:19:00 PM »
Despite similarities with under pinnings and mechanicals   the HR-v is  effectively a completely different car to the Jazz and Cross star.   Its bigger and 'bulkier ' and a different style and lifestyle choice that will appeal to different buyers.     Some features and dimensions may not differ much  but transform the car into something else.  But some  dimensions and features will not differ that much and you may  question the need for anything but a Jazz.

You pays your money and takes your choice .   

Unfortunatly it may not be long before I l look back on current and recent  Honda prices  in the same way I do the   £4000 I paid for my first new car.    :'(
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 09:49:05 AM »
P.S. No room for 25Kg Greyhound X in either Jazz or Crosstar. She fits in HR-V very happily.
The town in which I live i live goes back to the middle ages, but has expanded greatly.
I have no problems A. finding parking spaces & B. getting into them with camera and dipping door mirrors.
Horses for courses! I'm very happy with my 'horse' as Jazzik is with his.
Happy days all round ;D
P.P.S. Comfortable seating position.
Jazzik,
I've just watched the Carwow review. He timed the HR-V 0-62 at 8.69 seconds, in'Sport' mode. Karoq Sportline 1.5 DSG 0-62 is 8.9 seconds.
Whatcar timed the Jazz EX 0-62 time at 9.5 seconds. So it just goes to show timings are all ever the place.
https://www.whatcar.com/honda/jazz/hatchback/15-i-mmd-hybrid-ex-5dr-ecvt/92776

So as I said, don't take any notice of the Honda figures!

It all depends, I suppose on your leg length and how high you want the seat.
As you know the further forward the drivers seat goes, the higher it gets. If I have the seat right back I CAN get comfortable, BUT with my bad back and dodgy knees it is too low for me to get out easily. With the seat high enough, (therefore fully forward) I can't even get IN the Crosstar That is the price one pays for getting old. You will find out one day, perhaps. :'(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:34:08 AM by Karoq »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »
I traded in a Mk 2 HR-V for my Crosstar and we are happy with having a slightly smaller (both inside and outside) vehicle although there are times when the bigger boot would be useful but there's usually only two of us and loads of available space in the back seat area.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 11:21:22 AM »
P.S. No room for 25Kg Greyhound X in either Jazz or Crosstar. She fits in HR-V very happily.
The town in which I live i live goes back to the middle ages, but has expanded greatly.
I have no problems A. finding parking spaces & B. getting into them with camera and dipping door mirrors.
Horses for courses! I'm very happy with my 'horse' as Jazzik is with his.
Happy days all round ;D
P.P.S.  0-62 time & seating position.
Jazzik,
I've just watched the Carwow review. He timed the HR-V 0-62 at 8.69 seconds, in 'Sport' mode. Karoq Sportline 1.5 DSG 0-62 8.9 seconds. I rest my case!
So as I said, don't take any notice of the Honda figures!
It all depends, I suppose on your leg length and how high you want the seat.
As you know the further forward the drivers seat goes, the higher it gets. If I have the seat right back I CAN get comfortable, BUT with my bad back and dodgy knees it is too low for me to get out easily. With the seat high enough, (therefore fully forward) I can't even get IN the Crosstar That is the price one pays for getting old. You will find out one day, perhaps. :'(

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 11:41:09 AM »
That is the price one pays for getting old. You will find out one day, perhaps. :'(

You're right! Just... when will I find out? At my age (see https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4417) I still hop in and out of the EX with ease with the seat at its lowest. It will be many, many years before we have to think about an SUV(-ish) car, I hope...

PS

With magic seats up she still wouldn't fit?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:44:23 AM by Jazzik »

Eros

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar e:hev 2022 Premium Sunlight White
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 03:56:41 PM »
HRV is based on Jazz.

Tags:

anything