Author Topic: fuel save  (Read 801 times)

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
fuel save
« on: March 10, 2022, 01:08:41 PM »
Given the present situation - which aint going to change for a long time - I am glad I went hybrid - Crosstar - I reckon I am saving 100 -115 miles per tank - so a good reduction in cost as against a similar petrol only version.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: fuel save
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 01:42:25 PM »
This government don't like private car ownership. They listen to lobbyists all day long hoping to chance on news headline for tomorrow.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 02:09:58 PM »
The London Mayor certainly doesn't like cars.

He is shortly to introduce a pollution charge for all affected vehicles entering all London boroughs from outside.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 02:52:21 PM »
The usa are horrified that their petrol has risen to    $4.17 a us gallon    .    That works out as  £0.84  ( 1 euro)  a litre.

Poor mites. enough to topple a government or worse.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 03:17:04 PM »
Yes - I certainly don't regret my decision to go hybrid although my annual mileage is so low even the recent steep increases aren't going to break the bank unlike household energy costs!

I was getting just a tad disappointed with the mpg. Both my last 2 fill ups were under 50 mpg (48.8 and 48.5) but a trip to the outskirts of Chester - round trip 50 miles (ish) has bumped up my mpg figures on the dash to just a tad under 64 mpg (computer). Short journeys and using the petrol engine (effectively) as a heater are the main culprit. I see my fuel consumption being very much a bell shaped curve with low mpg at either end and outstanding mpg in the middle.

Tags: