Author Topic: ACC update  (Read 765 times)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
ACC update
« on: March 07, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
I felt I needed to balance the views on this cars tech:
I now use ACC most of the time on long trips and manual speed limiting around town. Since I got used to ACC I've been happy with it maintaining my gapping from the car in front and watching out for dangerous lane incursions. Occasionally I feel the car start to brake when the system detects a wide vehicle close to the lane marking on my left but I'm now expecting it so I just put a little pressure on the accelerator pedal.

Lane Departure Mitigation gets a lot of stick here but I do not have an issue with it. I don't mind the system letting me know I'm heading for the edge of the road. In narrow lanes where a vehicle might be approaching fast I slow down anyway so whatever the car wants to do I can control it.

The speed limiter that is supposed to set the limit by reading the speed signs has never worked for me. It registers the speed shown on the road sign on the dashboard display but makes no effort to stop me exceeding the max set.
Neil Ives

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Re: ACC update
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 03:53:42 PM »
Regarding the speed limiter issue, I too initially was unable to get it to function but realised after selecting function (white graphic), you have to set it so that the indicator turns green, after which it functions correctly. Might this be the same in your case?

Neil Ives

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: ACC update
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 10:12:12 PM »
Regarding the speed limiter issue, I too initially was unable to get it to function but realised after selecting function (white graphic), you have to set it so that the indicator turns green, after which it functions correctly. Might this be the same in your case?
Thanks, I'll investigate that. I wondered if there was something I was doing wrong. :)
Neil Ives

Tags:

anything