Author Topic: Crosstar first Service  (Read 2430 times)

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Crosstar first Service
« on: February 26, 2022, 12:48:45 PM »
First service last Tuesday. Infotainment system gone haywire this morning. No smartphone connection, Carplay not working, USB works for two minutes then no connection. Back to dealers Monday

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Crosstar first Service
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »
Oh dear :( Sorry to hear that.

Mine has its first service next week…

Hope they don’t mess it up.

NoelM

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 03:51:50 PM »
When I picked it up I thought it had been updated by the view/look of system. Speaking to them this morning they said it had not been updated.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 04:06:40 PM »
If I remember, when I get home tomorrow,  I'll lookup the system 'about' and maybe you/we will be able to compare version numbers to see if you've had an update.

Unless someone, who hasn't had a recent service, beats me to it.

Another Crosstar owner would be best ?
Let's be careful out there !

NoelM

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 06:57:27 PM »
Ok thanks. Should be interesting to see

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 07:27:47 PM »
I’ve had two instances when I was on a what’s app voice call on my iphone walking back to car, got in car and the car has connected to CarPlay during call, after which voice control has failed and upon restarting have been unable to connect carplay. My company iPhone also failed to connect, so not an issue with my personal iPhone. I had to perform a factory reset of the infotainment system and then all was good again, so might be worth trying a factory reset to see if this resolves your issue.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 07:29:13 PM »
I’ve had two instances when I was on a what’s app voice call on my iphone whilst walking back to car, got in car and the car has connected to CarPlay wirelessly during call, after which iphone music selection and voice control has failed and upon restarting was unable to connect carplay. My company iPhone also failed to connect, so not an issue with my personal iPhone. I deleted iPhone from infotainment but was unable to add again. I had to perform a factory reset of the infotainment system and then all was good again, so might be worth trying a factory reset to see if this resolves your issue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 09:19:28 PM by IanG »

sportse

• Approved Member
Crosstar first Service
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022, 08:19:46 PM »
I’ve had occasional crashes of the connection between the phone and car.

It will just lose the connection and fail to reconnect until you have tried many times.

It’s an intermittent issue, like the extended boot up times after you restart and had been using CarPlay previously, so can’t be demonstrated to the dealer.

I only use wired CarPlay- I found there was a delay if you were changing tracks on wireless CarPlay.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 03:52:25 AM »
The only issue I get 50/50 is that sometimes wireless Android Auto either connects within 10 or 20 secs of seeing the main view with the icons and if not can take up to 2 minutes sometimes.

It seems to be based on how long it's been disconnected. If under 24hrs it's usually quick but over 24hrs and I'm in for a wait.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 06:15:44 AM »
The only issue I get 50/50 is that sometimes wireless Android Auto either connects within 10 or 20 secs of seeing the main view with the icons and if not can take up to 2 minutes sometimes.

It seems to be based on how long it's been disconnected. If under 24hrs it's usually quick but over 24hrs and I'm in for a wait.
On mine with wired CarPlay it seems to be the opposite. There do seem to be some bugs in the jazz software.

Having not been driven for 24 hours mine connects quickly, however if you have already driven the car sometimes it can take up to a minute. I either have a blank screen or the normal  Honda Home Screen but no connection to the phone.

Sometimes the phone will say to unlock it to use the ‘usb accessory’ of the car. Other times the car will give me a message saying can’t connect.

It’s happened with a couple of different phones.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 08:00:41 AM »
As promised

My MY22, registered Sep 21 :

Android 8.1.0

Kernel 4.4.138-perf+ (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC))
siuser_yebisu@productbuild-2 #1
Sat Jun 27 08:35:40 JST 2020

Build Number
71BA-0063-021

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2022, 09:35:28 AM »
Here’s my versions below. FYI the car says B service required for my first one.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2022, 09:48:26 AM »
Kremmen et al.

Just checked my EX “About” and it’s the same details.

While driving ours on Friday 25 Feb with voice guidance and Radio 2 on the infotainment started rebooting for no apparent reason! Blank screen, spinning white circle, only RHS buttons illuminated, GARMIN logo…..eventually to Home Screen and a prompt to check for map updates (Alreafy running 2022 v1.0). Everything continuedboth radio and Sat Nav with voice guidance as if nothing had happened but the downloaded Users Manual has now vanished.

I have reported loss of Voice Guidance on a few other threads. Thanks for responses folks.

I have contacted Honda Customer Services HQ and my case is at the highest level 3, They have instructed the dealer to make a switch of head units from a donor vehicle to test if it’s  the car to head unit causing issues. The car goes in for a week on Friday 4 March….it will be getting its first service too!
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2022, 10:11:32 AM »
Just rechecked mine and the build number is actually 71BA-0063-021. Allegedly, Honda Tech asked the dealer to report back with video that this was the latest software!
On Navigation Settings….system information I get:

Software version 2.06.00
Navigation version 1.231.65

Unit ID 1044014390

You need engine running to access these second settings.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 10:22:48 AM »
Jazz EX Reg: Mar ch 2021.

Attached .pdf with my car infotainment settngs. (I tried to attach pics from ipad but it won't post it due to"file size too big!)

It appears that there are a few rogue units out there......and I've got one or worse still other faults on the car!!

I'll keep posting reagrding outcome of Honda investigations (been ongoing now since November) If others have any further iexperience regarding issues to would really be appreciated if they can input too please. All much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tags: