Author Topic: Londoner hoping to join the Jazz Gang  (Read 1132 times)

AndyB123

• Registered Member
Londoner hoping to join the Jazz Gang
« on: February 02, 2022, 04:34:10 PM »
Just thought I would drop in to say hello.

I am hoping to acquire a Jazz in the not too distant future so thought I would come and have a read on the forum. I am planning on something old and cheap so a bit of insider info is going to be worth its weight in garage bills  :D

Current means of transport is a worn out pair of Adidas but if am in need of a few more horsies, then its the Mum's Fiat 500 on a weekday or the GF's Picanto on a weekend. Longing to get back behind the wheel of a Honda...still miss my Mum's Concerto like that first love you never get over. Closest I have been to my own Honda was a Rover 214. Suprise suprise...that died a sorry head gasket death, possibly the car's way of telling me it wasn't impressed with the DIY fluorescent yellow interior trim 'upgrades' (blame Max Power!). I've gone German and French since then but have now seen the Japanese light.

Nice to meet you all.

Andy

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
Re: Londoner hoping to join the Jazz Gang
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:50:28 PM »
Living in London I would advice against the Mk1 because of cat theft, ours was stolen three years ago and we moved onto a Mk3.  You don’t give a budget but £3k should buy a decent Mk2 which is safe from cat theft due to its location.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 08:09:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

WelshBeauty

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSi SE
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 09:13:35 PM »
Welcome aboard to this excellent forum.

AndyB123

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 12:02:56 PM »
Living in London I would advice against the Mk1 because of cat theft, ours was stolen three years ago and we moved onto a Mk3.  You don’t give a budget but £3k should buy a decent Mk2 which is safe from cat theft due to its location.

Thanks for the heads up.

I do/did have some buying requirements and details in mind but am always wary of potentially posting in the wrong place when I am new to a forum. My plan had been to go for a dirt cheap Mk 1 (up to around the £1500 mark). Reason being...i wanted to have a little fun with it and try a 1-man micro-camper. I figured at that price, i wouldn't feel bad about binning/donating surplus parts like seats etc and cutting holes into the thing if i needed. No resale anticipated...just drive it till it dies. But I have taken on board the advice, spent an evening getting angry reading about tea-leaves persecuting Mk 1 owners, and as a result will up my budget to at least £2500 and see if I can find a (half decent) Mk 2 for that price. I have my heart set on a 1.4 but will consider a 1.2 if needs be. So back to the drawing board it is for me.

Thanks again and see you around!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 12:53:58 PM »
...Welcome :)

YouTube has a few channels with Jazz 'campers' in. They are mostly mk2/3 versions, I haven't seen any mk1s in use.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGteCMmWYTpDoXHNRCyixaA - HondaFit4Adventure

- DIY bed fitting

https://www.youtube.com/user/stuven - all manner of camping shenanigans, Chinese chap driving around the lake / peak district!

- living in a Honda Fit

Some good ideas, some quirky, some downright weird :D

If you're not too tall I think it's a pretty viable option.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
For driving in heavy traffic the Mk 1 i-Dsi engine is a far nicer driving experience. You could buy a Mk 1 and spend a bit of money saved having a cage installed to stop the ----s from stealing your cat.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 08:20:30 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: