Author Topic: Air con (massive credit where it is due).  (Read 797 times)

Pogglefish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda HR-V Adv. Style in Sand Khaki
Air con (massive credit where it is due).
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:24:40 PM »
Have to hand it to Honda here, the air con in the 4th Jazz is *much* better than that in the 3rd and the 1st (I’ve only had a 2nd as a courtesy car so I’ve never driven one long enough to check).

Anyway last Tuesday lunchtime  the car was quite adamant that the outside temperature wad 41 - never seen a number be beginning  with 4 on any car’s temperature gauge before, not even in Portugal - but inside, and set to 19, it was perfectly cool.

I did have to take the car out of Eco mode for the first five minutes to get the temperature down quickly but after that the green tree was once again pressed and the car stayed cool.

I’m very impressed and all more so because that tank of petrol still averaged 63mpg, only 1mpg lower than the last. Running the air con full pelt at motorway speeds in the Mk3 would have taken me down to high 30’s (for me that car averaged around 44).

-Pogglefish

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Air con (massive credit where it is due).
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »
I've only had one instance so far where mine sat in the sun, raising the interior temp to over 40c

Unlike my 3 Civics, the Jazz aircon, set to Auto, did perform better and reduced the temp quite quickly and performed a lot better after I turned Econ off.

The Civics fans used to stop far too early, well before the set temp, so I had to set a lower temp. I left the Jazz set to 21 and it almost got there.
Let's be careful out there !

Cake

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Air con (massive credit where it is due).
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 08:22:58 PM »
I have a friend who normally drives a Nissan Note. I regularly give him a lift and he is quite envious of the Jazz aircon system referring to his Nissan as 'rubbish'

Tags: