Author Topic: Improvements that would make the Crosstar better  (Read 599 times)

Derek cranage

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
Improvements that would make the Crosstar better
« on: July 10, 2022, 05:47:52 PM »
I do like the way the keys can be set by pressing both buttons for 3 secs to cut off the signal. Saves having a faraday box.
The car is far better than I expected. its considerably quieter than I expected and I am very pleased with my choice. the build quality is very good (better than the Merc) and I think good value for the £25K it cost compared to other hybrid SUV’s. Yes, I would have proffered a plug-in hybrid, but at £10K more - no.
I have a few dislikes, or may be that is the wrong word, things that I think could be improved. but you can never get a individual’s perfect car.
The worst is the passenger seat is not height adjustable, this is not good as my wife is only 4’ 10” tall - we looked at a number of Hybrid and found my wife could not see over the dashboard. all Kia’s are very bad for this. (she does drive it occasionally) the Toyota Yaris Cross I found very noisy. However, I have fitted (with my insurance approval) kits that raise both seats 35mm and the driving position is a lot better.
Other bits that could be improved on in my opinion are: -
The Satnav, route should not be highlighted once you have passed that point.
The front door armrests are matt black and the rear door armrests gloss, they should be the same.
the auto stopped brake should remain as last set, when you restart the car.
The carpet quality is poor, and the loose carpets you purchase are far too small especially the rear, I have had some made to my own templates in a very good quality for just over £100, that cover the whole of the floor area front (high up behind the bulk head) and for the back and boot. this has also helped cutting some road noise out. Having had many car carpets from them over the years, I can recommend this company car-mats
The hazard warning light switch is located in a bad position. I have switched it on numerous times when operating the radio and satnav etc
Why do you need a gear stick? a switch would be a lot better.
On the main dashboard display the ACC display should be in the position of the IKAS display (swopped over) as the ACC is cruise control and the other cruise control indicators are on the opposite side of the dashboard display This would then keep all the cruise control indicators together.
I don’t know why you need 3 different rear camera settings, one is ok
I would have liked a MPG trip to be able to be set to a single trip BUT with it not going to zero if you restart within 2 hours (Merc had this) stop at services and you have lost the info.
I would have liked a bigger wattage drive battery.
The two stalks around the steering wheel, left for lights and right for wipers. if they are both left in auto mode, which most people do, the right stalk is one notch down so that are not level left to right.
I would have liked a self-park feature, even as an extra purchase (My Mercedes had this and I miss it) as well as rear cross (sideways) censors.
I am finding it does better MPG in none Eco mode. I have had over 70MPG in local conditions and just over 60MPG on a run. since having the car the average is 61MPG

Hugh R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX Grey
Re: Improvements that would make the Crosstar better
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 06:07:58 PM »
Really enjoyed reading this excellent assessment. Thank you.
I'm considering moving to a Crossstar after I finish with the Jazz and one problem would be the non-existent self parking. Even my little Mercedes 2009 A class had this and its time manufacturers realised the usefulness and advantage.  Surprising Honda only want to fit it to their all electric car - a big mistake as I may have to look elsewhere unless they realise their mistake.

Tags:

anything