Author Topic: New South African variant.  (Read 42120 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: New South African variant.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2021, 03:46:09 AM »
If the reports are correct then the person of interest arrived here 10 days ago so this new variant may be spreading already.

In other news the SA president says he wants the travel bans lifted !!!
Let's be careful out there !

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 08:15:51 AM »
If the reports are correct then the person of interest arrived here 10 days ago so this new variant may be spreading already.

In other news the SA president says he wants the travel bans lifted !!!

The tourist trade will be ruined.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2021, 08:52:30 AM »
Six cases identified in Scotland.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/nov/29/covid-live-news-omicron-variant-detected-in-canada-as-fauci-warns-two-weeks-needed-to-study-new-strain

What is worse is some of them have no travel history indicating that there is already community transmission.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:22:36 AM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2021, 12:30:20 PM »
It is positive advantage in the arms race for the survival and spread of a virus for the variants to get weaker ( not to kill their hosts ) but more transmissable...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »
I'm afraid that is not always the case. There are still plenty of hosts out there.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
I'm afraid that is not always the case. There are still plenty of hosts out there.

Yeah, but nature is not stupid, if a virus kills its host it does not get the chance to spread very far....  a living host moves around a lot more than a dead one ( which seems a reasonable assumption ), mixing with more hosts who can pass the virus on -- that is why after a while the more spreadable ( like butter ) but less virulent virus strains start to dominate, and being infected with a similar but less deadly strain gives good immunity to hosts. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:06:35 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest10827

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2021, 01:37:11 PM »
I’m new to this Forum and I’ve just logged in a few minutes ago, to be honest I can’t believe what I’m reading here, Jesus H Christ the Government have really got people brainwashed haven’t they. Right from the start the whole thing has been a complete fiasco, surly you don’t believe all this clap trap do you.
Never believe what you hear, and only believe half of what you see, and stop complying to the Government’s depopulation agenda into misery and poverty.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »

Yeah, but nature is not stupid, if a virus kills its host it does not get the chance to spread very far....  a living host moves around a lot more than a dead one ( which seems a reasonable assumption ), mixing with more hosts who can pass the virus on -- that is why after a while the more spreadable ( like butter ) but less virulent virus strains start to dominate, and being infected with a similar but less deadly strain gives good immunity to hosts.

The virus is neither stupid or intelligent.
It is unthinking, just wants to reproduce and is subject to random changes some of which may make it more/less transmissible and some of which may make it more/less lethal.
Humans on the other hand are supposed to have intelligence.
Until scientists know more about this variant it is sensible to limit transmission by getting vaccinated, limiting travel, and limiting social contact.
While there are unvaccinated people either by choice or through unavaliability of vaccines the virus has scope to reproduce and mutate.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »
Until scientists know more about this variant it is sensible to limit transmission by getting vaccinated, limiting travel, and limiting social contact.
While there are unvaccinated people either by choice or through unavaliability of vaccines the virus has scope to reproduce and mutate.

I agree, I just can't fathom why others don't see it that way.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »
I’m new to this Forum and I’ve just logged in a few minutes ago, to be honest I can’t believe what I’m reading here, Jesus H Christ the Government have really got people brainwashed haven’t they. Right from the start the whole thing has been a complete fiasco, surly you don’t believe all this clap trap do you.
Never believe what you hear, and only believe half of what you see, and stop complying to the Government’s depopulation agenda into misery and poverty.
You're going to fit right in!  ;D

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »
You're going to fit right in!  ;D

Us nutters have got to stick together...until Covid strikes. :o

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2021, 03:13:12 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2021, 03:20:29 PM »
The Downing Street press conference on booster vaccines is on just now.
Van Tam Wei Sheng Lim and Raine.
Push on Boosters
Refreshing good sense without politicians.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:11:13 PM by JimSh »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2021, 03:22:22 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also Moronic

Tags:

anything