Author Topic: Honda UK and Customer Service  (Read 2191 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Honda UK and Customer Service
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 04:26:38 PM »
My opinion: a good helpful dealer with staff who know what is expected of them is worth its weight in gold.
Once you have found such a dealer, you don't need to contact any customer service at all!
If the dealer does not know themselves, THEY will contact the sources of information available to them...

This is how it works at our Honda dealer.  :D

Agreed.

dfconnolly

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 06:42:16 PM »
Thanks all for the feedback.

Regarding the WiFi it does see all networks (turned on) and connects OK to all sources BUT then drops out when trying to actually do anything on WiFi. Just had the service manager call around and tried my Hime WiFi as well as using his phone as WiFi hot spot, 4 out of 5 bars on signal strength then just hangs trying to do anything. The guy has video recorded the various scenarios for Honda Tech but I increasingly suspect this is now a hardware issue that’s going to require a costly head unit replacement!?
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »
Maybe we should move off the subject of cyclists eh?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 08:26:46 PM »
It took HUK over 3 months to issue the paperwork for the service plan/extended warranty - the dealer was no help as they said it has to come direct.

With any other car I’ve bought, you had the paperwork through within a week or so - it looks like Honda has a long way to go with their support/admin.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2021, 07:28:42 AM »
It took HUK over 3 months to issue the paperwork for the service plan/extended warranty - the dealer was no help as they said it has to come direct.

With any other car I’ve bought, you had the paperwork through within a week or so - it looks like Honda has a long way to go with their support/admin.
When I purchased my car I was told the paperwork would come from Honda UK in "a couple of months" as they had a backlog because of Covid. When three months had gone by and no paperwork, called the Dealer who were polite and helpful but assured me it would turn up from Honda UK eventually. Not happy with this I emailed the group who manage/process the Honda 5 year service plan. Got a polite email by return explaining they process the service plans once a Quarter and mine would arrive in ten days (which it did). So, if you buy a car at the beginning of a Quarter which I did you have at least three months wait for your paperwork. Clearly a system designed to make it easy or cheaper for Honda rather than satisfy the customer.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 07:56:29 AM »
Yes, it’s crazy that you pay out £800+ for a warranty and only receive the paperwork 3 months later.

You are supposed to be able to withdraw within 14 days from agreements… but you can’t do that if you don’t get the paperwork for months.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2021, 10:24:16 AM »
I agree with Jazzik's comments about having a good dealer is the answer.
My Skoda dealer is brilliant. SUK C/S rubbish!
So far Horizon Honda show sign of excellence. HUK. C/S more rubbish than SUK!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 11:38:11 AM »
I agree with Jazzik's comments about having a good dealer is the answer.
My Skoda dealer is brilliant. SUK C/S rubbish!
So far Horizon Honda show sign of excellence. HUK. C/S more rubbish than SUK!
I have previously owned two Skodas. The customer service and the product were excellent. My previous car prior to the Jazz was a VW Golf and it was the worst customer service of any brand that I have owned in the last 20 years. How much of that was due to the local dealers I do not know.
Early days with the Honda, would have preferred a speedier issue of the 5 years servicing plan contract, but so far very pleased with the car and the supplying dealer.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »
It would be good to know when you owned your last Skoda. Interesting that you thought VW C/S was rubbish because Skoda and VW C/S are now amalgamated to a certain degree, C/S wise, so VW have obviously infected Skoda with their inefficiency.
I agree that in the past they were good. I started buying Skodas in 2010 and they were fine, but the number of adverse comments on the Kodiaq and Karoq fora legion.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
It would be good to know when you owned your last Skoda. Interesting that you thought VW C/S was rubbish because Skoda and VW C/S are now amalgamated to a certain degree, C/S wise, so VW have obviously infected Skoda with their inefficiency.
I agree that in the past they were good. I started buying Skodas in 2010 and they were fine, but the number of adverse comments on the Kodiaq and Karoq fora legion.
I owned an Octavia (new one) from 2010 to 2014 and had a Fabia as a second car for a year in 2016 so my experience is a bit dated now but at the time the dealer service was excellent. And the cars were 100% reliable. As per my earlier post, so far so good with Honda after 5 months of ownership.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2021, 10:21:46 PM »

I contacted SEAT customer service about an issue with daughter's car (the SEAT dealer is a whole different level of useless) and "SEAT UK" replied to me referring multiple times to the car as an Audi!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2021, 03:44:33 PM »
Collected 3rd Sep and my 5 year documents arrived today.

Nearly 3 months but I have them now.
Let's be careful out there !

Thingy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
Collected my car 23 August and I also received my docs yesterday.

Tags: