Author Topic: HRV ICE reliability report.  (Read 2168 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
HRV ICE reliability report.
« on: November 21, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »
Let's hope the e:HEV is a s good!
https://media.whatcar.com/wc-image/2021-04/honda-hr-v-2017.jpg
SORRY! MY FAULT! WRONG URL!!  :-[
Thanks for putting it right Dermot.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 10:42:47 AM by Karoq »
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Approved Member
Re: HRV ICE reliability report.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »
Nice picture but fail to see relevance to reliability of the HR-V’s of any vintage?

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »
https://www.whatcar.com/news/most-and-least-reliable-small-suvs/n23778i

Reliability Rating 100%
the Honda HR-V comes in first place as the most reliable small SUV, with a 100% reliability rating and an exceptional zero faults.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 10:33:49 PM »
The essence is whether the new HR-V in its first year of manufacture will be as reliable as the old one in its final years of manufacture. My old Dad always told me never to buy any car in it’s launch year - let someone else sort out the ‘unknown’ faults was his mantra - wait for at least the 2nd model year so those faults were rectified. Question is whether that still applies to modern cars?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 04:45:42 AM »
Fully agree and what I've always done.
Let's be careful out there !

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 05:18:11 AM »
I second that! Learnt the hard way with my 2006 spaceship. I ordered right after it went on sale.

I was likely one of the few who specified it with the factory fit body kit. It looked fab and like nothing else on the road (at the time).

Fresh from picking it up at the dealer I went to fill-up with petrol. The service attendant (they still have those in Hungary) immediately came up and said "Wow, that's a great looking car. Which fuel do you want?"

I then tried the release for the filler cap and nothing! Tried again, nothing! Not knowng if there was an emergency release I had the embarrassment of having to limp back to the dealer (with only about 2 litres in the tank as I could add nothing at the service station).

After much fiddling they got it to work, but of course, this turned out to be an issue for most owners.

That was only the start. I had endless niggly issues with it. Beautiful car, but very annoying faults wise. Second only to a Fiat Bravo I had from new which let its timing belt go after only 7,500 miles!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:21:23 AM by Jayt43 »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 06:14:46 AM »
I bought a 2007 Civic before they fitted the fuel cap release spring clip. Fortunately mine never failed.

When I knew it was available I went to the dealer and they knew nothing about it. It was quiet and the guy I talked to called over a few others and they all mumbled and said I'd been misinformed. If there'd been any changes they would be the first to know.

At that point I produced the service bulletin and looked at their sad faces. They then did what they should have done and looked it up and booked me in for the following week. That was the dealer I don't use anymore.

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:41:45 AM »
Let's hope the e:HEV is a s good!
https://media.whatcar.com/wc-image/2021-04/honda-hr-v-2017.jpg
SORRY! MY FAULT! WRONG URL!!  :'( Thanks for putting it right Dermot.

Karoq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
Fully agree and what I've always done.
I agree, having been an early adopter of the Kodiaq (6th one registered in the UK)
I had to put up with the teething problems.
However, I felt I just had to buy the new HR-V and I am assuming that since the e:HEV transmission has been going for a few years now, there hopefully wont be any problems in that department. The rest of it I hope will be up to the usual Honda high standards.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 11:31:08 AM »
Yes, the Jazz doesn't seem to have any teething problems I'm aware of from reading posts here.

Hopefully the similar spec HRV will be the same.

Tags: