Author Topic: Can't decide whether to buy same GD1 or different Jazz?  (Read 752 times)

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GD1 CVT
Can't decide whether to buy same GD1 or different Jazz?
« on: November 20, 2021, 05:55:29 PM »
Hello I am a new forum, I am Italian and deaf sorry my English may not be perfect, but I live in UK since 1999, When I have passed my driving test in 2002 it was an automatic Jazz GD1 and I absolutely love it and bought the same GD1 as my first car the year is 2002. Now the GD1 is well, but it looks bad now because the rust is spread on the rear both end of the arches. The driver seat is wear and torn is at 132,000 miles. I felt I want to buy another Jazz GD1 later with paddle shift back of the steering wheel, my shift was on the steering wheel, but I am not sure if I should go for different Mk2. Mk3 or Mk4 Jazz.

My girlfriend thinks the MK4 is a better car than the MK3, I like the MK3 Jazz, but girlfriend want the latest it may sound not good to live with it (I mean too much electronic may go wrong) 

Any suggests the best Jazz to own for my enjoyment drive to work and holiday?
thanks
Fab
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 06:22:07 PM by 43576 »

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Can't decide whether to buy same GD1 or different Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 06:26:14 PM »
I have had a MK1 (56 plate), a MK3 65 plate) and now have a 70 plate Jazz Crosstar.
In my opinion the new jazz wether it be the car or Crosstar is a much better drive than the MK3 and it's better for the environment with it being a hybrid.
If you can afford it, that's what I recommend.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 07:32:35 PM »
I can’t comment on the Mk1, but I’ve had a couple of Mk2, a Mk3 and now a Mk4 Jazz and in my opinion, each one was an improvement on the previous car.
So, I’m afraid it all comes down, to what you can afford, but again in my opinion the Mk4, is a vast improvement on the previous cars, not least in runnings cost, where over 5000 miles I have averaged over 68mpg, with my Mk3 I was lucky to average 55mpg over similar journeys.
Yes, there are one or two ‘quirks’ in the car, like having to disable RDMS at the start of each journey, but I can live with that, given the overall improvement.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
What did the last MOT test say about the rusted areas?
Keep your Jazz, hunt around for a local bodywork shop get 3 quotes, then find another driver's seat at breakers yard Enjoy another 100k miles, good luck

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz GD1 CVT
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 12:25:57 PM »
My last MOT back April required to be cut edge of rear arch, if I push with my finger it goes through, and it becomes a hole. He said need to cut rust metal off and welding together new steel then filler afterward sanding paper and paint, my suspension system is very rust one day it is like to snap the spring, I felt is better get another rather try to repair which it could cost more than my car worth. I think my is worth £400-£500 now. Also, I did not mention the car was live in Walton on Naze and the salt in the air cause my car very rusty. Never purchase the next car near the sea! Thanks ;D.

Tags:

anything