Author Topic: Mirror Replace - DIY?  (Read 1637 times)

Will Weir

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009
Mirror Replace - DIY?
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:22:13 PM »
Heya!

EDIT: Figured out I'll need to change the entire mirror becuase the light has broke as well...

My wife had a small accident with our 2009 Honda Jazz today and ran over a tree branch (probably from yesterday's windy night) which had hit the mirror and broke both the mirror glass and the plastic cover. Our garage quoted the job at 190£ which I would love to keep to myself :)

I was wondering if the good people in this forum have some general advice, where to look for parts and whether it's worth it to replace it myself.
And more specifically, does the Honda Jazz has non-motorized or non-electrically heated mirror version? Also wanted to make sure the color I have is Alabaster Silver? (photo attached) Both questions so I could order the correct parts

« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:54:36 PM by Will Weir »

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Mirror Replace - DIY?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Ebay could be your best bet.. got one for my old 08 model but mine was fully electric  heated and folding.. cost £85 but had to spray it to match my cars colour..

Will Weir

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 11:07:19 AM »
Thank you @fashionphotography!

I went with your advice and I luckily enough I found the same color, side and model (with heating and folding) for £70

From couple of YouTube videos I figured it's quite simple so I endeavour to DIY it 🤞 If you have any tips on that I would be very grateful

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »
its not to bad ..need to remove the interior door panel which is easy . the plastic around the armrest just pulls out (panel just under the switches and along the armrest) theres i think 3 philip head screws behind that which need to be undone.. unplug the window switch. undo the screw by the interior door handle . then gently try and prise your fingers under the door trim at the bottom and pry away. it should pop off the poppers.  you will have to jiggle the door handle and back cover a twist so you can free the panel through it.. once loosened raise the panel so it slided off the top window weather seal .. then just pull away .. there will most likely be a plastic sheet behind . just gently prise that away from the sealer holding it on the door.. once there you will see the electric plug from the mirror .. theres 3 10mm nuts holding the mirror to the door.. be careful to not let them fall in the door lol . although you can just about reach them but handy if you have a magnet .  if your using a short socket put a little  grease  in the top to hold the nut from falling out when replacing is a good tip

Tags: