Author Topic: Doh!!  (Read 3048 times)

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Doh!!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2021, 10:16:05 PM »
The trims are a funny design

I start to like these "fans". Usually this model hangs from the ceiling, but I also like them just above the road. 
;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:18:27 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

DCJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Hybrid MK4 Jazz
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »
Morning all.

Just an update re me making a mess of the side of my Jazz...

Found a local guy who's done a great job, really happy. 3 days in the body shop, £370 and I think a really good outcome.

For those asking about the "Car Care Plan" that Honda recommended... As suspected, they emailed back (after two weeks...) to say that the damage wouldn't be covered

"Due to the crease, we can't offer a cosmetic repair"

I agree, it was a large scratch and dent, however as I've said before it seems this company are beyond a joke when it comes to service and will usually either get out of all claims or take forever to do a terrible job. I haven't had chance to contact Honda as yet, but will be.

Still, the local guy has done a great job, car back to looking good and I'm happy not to be looking at the damage every morning!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2021, 10:32:47 AM »
Morning all.

Just an update re me making a mess of the side of my Jazz...

Found a local guy who's done a great job, really happy. 3 days in the body shop, £370 and I think a really good outcome.

For those asking about the "Car Care Plan" that Honda recommended... As suspected, they emailed back (after two weeks...) to say that the damage wouldn't be covered

"Due to the crease, we can't offer a cosmetic repair"

I agree, it was a large scratch and dent, however as I've said before it seems this company are beyond a joke when it comes to service and will usually either get out of all claims or take forever to do a terrible job. I haven't had chance to contact Honda as yet, but will be.

Still, the local guy has done a great job, car back to looking good and I'm happy not to be looking at the damage every morning!

Most insurance policies offer you an umbrella when the sun is shining, but want it back if it starts to rain....  Just like banks would only offer loans to people who could prove they didn't need one..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2021, 11:57:07 AM »
Glad you've got it sorted.  Although chipsaway could possibly do the job,they would need to charge  the cost of sending a highly skilled paint sprayer, yours  for the day, rather than a paintless cosmetic repair technician.   So no surprise its not covered by the policy.    A bodyshop can cut costs by using less skilled operatives for  flattening down, masking off etc . And not having to pay a skilled sprayer to drive a van, set up equipment etc.

I saw on Ebay someone was asking £75 for one  EX wheel trim. Worse still it had some damage  :o

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Mark Dirac

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 2021
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2022, 10:08:10 AM »
I haven't had chance to contact Honda as yet, but will be.
I was wondering if you ever got a response from Honda?

Tags: