Author Topic: HR-V Height Adjustable Seats  (Read 4430 times)

Expatman

• Approved Member
HR-V Height Adjustable Seats
« on: November 08, 2021, 04:50:11 PM »
Well I wrote to the CEO of Honda(UK) asking about the lack of passenger seat height adjustment on the Jazz, Crosstar and new HR-V. Got a polite reply today...
"I have spoken with our Business Planning Department to discuss your enquiry. They have advised that there is no demand globally for this feature and therefore it is unlikely to be added to any of the models.”
So there you are then, no-one wants height adjustable passenger seats! So their competitors who are fitting them are wrong and Honda are right! People on this forum who need a height adjustable passenger seat are all wrong because there is no demand!
The arrogance of the reply is unbelievable - if that is the way Honda treats customers then I will have to rethink my planned purchase.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: HR-V Height Adjustable Seats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »
Well I wrote to the CEO of Honda(UK) asking about the lack of passenger seat height adjustment on the Jazz, Crosstar and new HR-V. Got a polite reply today...
"I have spoken with our Business Planning Department to discuss your enquiry. They have advised that there is no demand globally for this feature and therefore it is unlikely to be added to any of the models.”
So there you are then, no-one wants height adjustable passenger seats! So their competitors who are fitting them are wrong and Honda are right! People on this forum who need a height adjustable passenger seat are all wrong because there is no demand!
The arrogance of the reply is unbelievable - if that is the way Honda treats customers then I will have to rethink my planned purchase.

This is a classic "computer says no" reply. Doubtless it would take time and effort to really gauge demand / usefulness of the feature vs cost. Other competitors may have it, but likely at the expense of other features (Hondas are well-specified vs VW group products for example).

It's fair to make the assumption that most people (who may get into the vehicle and ride as passengers) will never feel the need to adjust the seat. However, this does not take into account the owners' other half for example (who will ride in the car more regularly) or those who have special needs - or like me - a bad back!

Making it extra cost option is more acceptable from my POV (say about 100 GBP). That still may not placate everyone, but at least the option is there if you want it.

But sometimes car manufacturers are plain stingy. I never understand how, for example, you can have a seat pocket behind one of the front seats, but not the other!!

I guess a smarter reply would have been "although we do not have any plans at present to make this an option, we are grateful for your feedback and will raise the issue with blah, blah blah". At the very least it makes you feel more valued as a prospective customer, whereas the reply you got is simply "take it or leave it, cheers!"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 06:41:22 PM by Jayt43 »

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
To be fair they did say ... Thanks for your feedback and it will be considered etc. etc. I only included the relevant bit for brevity.
I am hoping the height of the new HR-V,'s passenger seat will suit my wife's back problems. She needs a high seating position for ease of entry and exit.
I agree it could be an optional extra and at £100'ish wouldn't be a problem. I did reply to Honda saying just that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 05:59:08 PM by Expatman »

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 10:43:40 AM »
I will make a point of measuring it the minute I get my hands on the demo and will post here and on HR-V forum.

ETA Horizon Honda demo 17th /11.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 02:01:45 PM »
Thanks, just checked and Toyota cars all have height adjustable passenger seats. New Yaris Cross is probably a direct competitor for Crosstar so customers turned off by lack of height adjustment are likely to migrate to Toyota. Talk about own goal!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
Thanks, just checked and Toyota cars all have height adjustable passenger seats. New Yaris Cross is probably a direct competitor for Crosstar so customers turned off by lack of height adjustment are likely to migrate to Toyota. Talk about own goal!

If Honda offer something they want that Toyota do not, then people will maybe do the reverse...  Be good to know how many think that one feature is a deal breaker though.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 03:14:49 PM »
Not sure why there are two threads on this. I believe Honda, there are not many people who need this feature.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 04:04:35 PM »
...I've never thought of adjusting the seat height, how much difference does it actually make?

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 04:36:41 PM »
...I've never thought of adjusting the seat height, how much difference does it actually make?
In my case it’s because my wife has a back problem which means the passenger seat height has to be such that she can slide into and out of the seat rather than “dropping” into the seat and climbing out. Ideally about 650 - 680mm from ground suits her best. Reading this forum I see that she is not alone and many others have a similar condition. Okay we are in our 70’s but then so are many, many other Honda owners!!!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 04:56:02 PM »
In my case it’s because my wife has a back problem which means the passenger seat height has to be such that she can slide into and out of the seat rather than “dropping” into the seat and climbing out. Ideally about 650 - 680mm from ground suits her best. Reading this forum I see that she is not alone and many others have a similar condition. Okay we are in our 70’s but then so are many, many other Honda owners!!!

That maybe so but I was wondering how much the driver's side seats actually raise? Jazz, or Hrv. From what I remember they tip you forward as opposed to just raise you?
Would that be unsuitable for a passenger side seat? It may mean that even though Honda would obviously have the left/right hand drive driver seats available from other markets that a passenger would feel uncomfortable if their seat was admittedly raised but then also pitched forward in what may feel like a dangerous seating position.
This would not be helped by the fact that they would not have a steering wheel in front of them!

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »
That maybe so but I was wondering how much the driver's side seats actually raise? Jazz, or Hrv. From what I remember they tip you forward as opposed to just raise you?

No it doesn't "tip you forward", it raises by about 60mm and moves forward at the same time.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »

If Honda offer something they want that Toyota do not, then people will maybe do the reverse...  Be good to know how many think that one feature is a deal breaker though.
The lack of passenger seat height adjustment (and the small floor area of the boot) was a deal breaker for me.  I bought a Toyota - no regrets.

Expatman

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 07:38:09 PM »
Which one?

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 08:39:47 PM »

No it doesn't "tip you forward", it raises by about 60mm and moves forward at the same time.
...Yes, so it does move you forward. So a new design may be required for passenger seats. Maybe that's the reluctance on Honda's part to implement one

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2021, 09:15:34 PM »

...Yes, so it does move you forward. So a new design may be required for passenger seats. Maybe that's the reluctance on Honda's part to implement one
But they sell both RHD and LHD cars.  The driver's and passenger's seats perform identically on my HR-V.  QED

Tags: