Author Topic: My/our first Honda - Jazz Crosstar  (Read 997 times)

crotal

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
My/our first Honda - Jazz Crosstar
« on: November 02, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »
Hello!
I m Mihai, from Romania. Me and my wife decided to buy a new car and we spend a good 23500 euro on a car for both to drive. She wanted a small, cute and efficient car, i wanted a Honda (my first thought was for Civic), automatic and hybrid. My dear wife noticed the new Jazz, we stepped into a showroom and decided we can make the effort for Crosstar.
I m 47, she s seven years younger, we are both teachers. And we think it suits us. Our Crosstar is white (Taffeta white, quite common choice, but we love the contrast with the trims, tail lights and back windows).
Not many people here chose this car, most are looking for more HP and bigger cars, most think that 23k euro is a lot for a city car. But we choose Crosstar for all purpose car and we needed (a litttle)  more comfort and fiability.
I never studied English (my foreign language is French), i think i understand it wery well, but have limited abilities to express myself in your language. Will be very useful for me to learn more about this cute car so i dared to access this community.

Jayt43

• Approved Member
Re: My/our first Honda - Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 06:49:03 PM »
Greetings from Hungary Mihai!

I think you've made a great choice :-) Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I hope you will find it useful and look forward to reading your contributions!

crotal

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 06:51:06 PM »
Thank you for the warming welcome! Will try to be useful and keep you updated!

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 07:29:41 PM »
Hello and welcome to the site which I hope you will find informative.
Although I am not thinking of changing my 8 year old Jazz I would certainly think about a Dacia when the time comes. Its reputation as a brand is rising here in the UK especially given the price - how is it perceived in its and your home country?
Best wishes with your new car.

crotal

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:43 PM »
Hello and welcome to the site which I hope you will find informative.
Although I am not thinking of changing my 8 year old Jazz I would certainly think about a Dacia when the time comes. Its reputation as a brand is rising here in the UK especially given the price - how is it perceived in its and your home country?
Best wishes with your new car.
Thanks! Dacia is a cheap and predictible car for its price. I had a Dacia Logan for 14 years, a heavy, slow and big 1.4mpi, otherwise quite reliable (i sold it for 1000 euros and the new owner is very happy with it). The new models are much better looking, equipped with  a lot of gadgets and features, very popular. Some say it s not  safe (but i guess a lot of those assumptions are mostly marketing, good or bad).
It is quite intriguing for me to change from Dacia to Honda, cant imagine the other way for you, but i think we will be happy if we receive what we expect and need. However, both cars are in the same category and the new Dacia models will benefit from newer technologies and design.
About perception in it s own country: i told you, Dacia is very popular (bestseller but closely followed by Skoda, Renault, Volkswagen, Ford (we have also a Ford factory here), Hyunday, Toyota). We still have a huge second hand market, where Dacia have quite bad resell value (lot of reasons, some are myths, some are realities, but usually you dont buy a Dacia to take care of it so much). The diesel market decreases, the hybrids and electrical are more popular, the japanese and korean cars become also more popular. I dare to think that Dacia is becoming an European car, more and more (and faster than expected).
But i m a litterature teacher, please dont value my words too much. I can ask and come back with better answer if you will have more specific questions.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 08:21:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum the Jazz is a great little car, I'm sure you will be pleased with it
Plenty of helpful people here if you have any questions.

Your English is good, better than my Romanian.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: