Author Topic: 2012 Jazz EX External Trim  (Read 1185 times)

guest10766

2012 Jazz EX External Trim
« on: October 31, 2021, 08:14:57 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm quite keen on buying a 2011-2015 Jazz Ex CVT and I'm looking for some information from the collective wisdom of this forum. I've been looking at a 2012 EXL model - https://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/HONDA/JAZZ/LR62THU

1. Were external door/side skirt garnishes offered as a factory-fitted option on the EXL? Other 2012 EXLs I've viewed don't have them, although I have seen a couple of regular Ex models with them.
2. In the example above, the rear parking sensors appear to be a different colour to the body, is this likely to be indicative of rear collision damage? All the consumer-available checks on the vehicle show nothing of this sort.

I have tried searching for this on the forum already using a variety of search terms to no avail.

Thanks!

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: 2012 Jazz EX External Trim
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »
That looks good,

I bought our 15 plate EV CVT with 22k miles in January for £9I.

But prices have gone up,

I would have it

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

guest10766

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 08:42:12 PM »
That looks good,

I bought our 15 plate EV CVT with 22k miles in January for £9I.

But prices have gone up,

I would have it

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've been indecisive for a couple of months now, and even over that time I've noticed the prices rise.

I had no idea that it had risen by the equivalent of three years of age and a hybrid drive though! That's steep.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 10:39:08 PM »
The side moulding is optional extra but the one here is genuine Honda ones. The rear sensors are black probably they are after market but it's better to have black ones then grey that doesn't match. The leather interior looks great.

Make sure the car has full service history.

Unfortunately prices are high but that car should give you good reliability. Good luck!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 10:44:04 PM by 123Drive! »

guest10766

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 11:00:22 PM »
The side moulding is optional extra but the one here is genuine Honda ones. The rear sensors are black probably they are after market but it's better to have black ones then grey that doesn't match. The leather interior looks great.

Make sure the car has full service history.

Unfortunately prices are high but that car should give you good reliability. Good luck!

That's great about the trim, thanks.

Given that rear sensors were body coloured as standard on these, it does make me wonder why they'd now have aftermarket black ones. I'll have to ask the dealer the question and see what they come up with.

Thanks again!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Before buying any vehicle do a check via HPI or Experian, followed up by a test drive of 30 mins over roads you know.
EXL spec are all about leather seats & door cards.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
By that time and low mileage the front and rear disks my be on their last legs - the rears need careful maintenance or the handbrake may be poor and the disks scored.
(Been there).
Watch of rust at rear. Springs, suspension arms, etc.

I have factory fitted mouldings and rear sensors - all painted in matching to body silver. The positioning of rear sensors is factory kit, so I assume replaced due to failure or accident.

guest10766

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
Before buying any vehicle do a check via HPI or Experian, followed up by a test drive of 30 mins over roads you know.
EXL spec are all about leather seats & door cards.

Thanks for the reply.

I've used VCheck and all comes back fine. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near the dealership - literally several hundred miles away - so a test drive isn't massively convenient.

guest10766

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 08:04:30 PM »
By that time and low mileage the front and rear disks my be on their last legs - the rears need careful maintenance or the handbrake may be poor and the disks scored.
(Been there).
Watch of rust at rear. Springs, suspension arms, etc.

I have factory fitted mouldings and rear sensors - all painted in matching to body silver. The positioning of rear sensors is factory kit, so I assume replaced due to failure or accident.

The dealer has confirmed that the parking sensors are definitely aftermarket. Indeed, the question is now whether through failure, or accident. I will push for related service records when I talk to them next.

The rear discs, previously an MOT advisory, are now seemingly corrected, but the guy I spoke to (really helpful chap, by the way) couldn't tell me for certain that they'd been replaced.

As for rust, There is nothing obvious in the pictures or MOT history.

The longer this list of questions goes on, the less keen I am on the whole idea!

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 06:30:14 AM »
If you’re having doubts I’d just leave it. There’re plenty of second hand Jazz about, and for less money. Seems expensive that one, IMO.  Just had a two minute look on auto trader and there’s a couple of 2015 1.4 ex’s near me for over a grand and half less than the one you’re interested in. Just keep an eye out!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 10:10:37 AM »
Trouble is that it is a nine year old car. (Same age as mine).

I have owned enough old cars and know how great they can look in photos  etc but close inspection reveals all may not be well.

Replacing the rear sensors is not a quick job: rear wheel arch trims off and bumper..  so I expect a rear accident - If so it appears to have been well repaired but I would like to see the rear floorpan for evidence of no creases/signs of crash.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 02:43:07 PM »
I'm fairly certain that the parking sensors don't come as standard and as such are an aftermarket purchase. I have had two sets fitted to my Jazzes in recent years, and it costs more to have the sensors colour coded, so maybe the previous owner didn't want to pay the extra money. I had a problem with one of my sensors and I was sent a replacement sensor and although its a bit of a flaff to replace it, this would have been easier if I was replacing all the sensors and not just one as the installer had taped all the wires together to form a loom.

guest10766

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 10:40:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has responded to the thread.

I have decided not to go ahead with the purchase.

I had put a holding deposit on a newer, higher mileage, but cheaper, and very similar standard Ex model from the Honda Approved website. However, frustratingly, after contact with the dealer it turns out it had already been sold! Apparently the website hadn't been updated.

Oh well, the search continues. Thanks again to all!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 09:56:41 AM »
Try a search on BCA, they have been my go to auction place for many years. At your 1st visit keep your hands in pocket, avoid bidding & enjoy the event.

StateofTrance

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 (mk2) Jazz EX CVT, 2011 Civic 1.8 si
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2021, 12:26:22 AM »
I ended up buying my car from South Wales (over 300 miles from me) as there were none local to me that were the exact spec that I wanted.
In August I paid £7k (+ £400 delivery) for my 1 owner 64k mile 2015 EX CVT from a Kia dealer. As nice as that car looks £9k does seem expensive for a 9 year old car.

Good luck with your search 👍

Tags:

anything