Author Topic: Mileage at first service?  (Read 4635 times)

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Mileage at first service?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2021, 06:08:50 PM »
I have used the 5 year service package on both a Mk2 and a Mk3, covering around 10,000 miles per annum.  In both cases, the system was set for annual servicing, regardless of patterns of driving.  The dealer set it up this way and reminds me when a service is due.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 07:14:13 PM by Downsizer »

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »
The T&C's of the 5 year service plan are not clear at all - one way of reading it is that it covers all servicing up to 60k miles or 5 years whichever occurs first.

Then in different places it says 5 services (which would be 6 years of cover as service 5 would cover you for year six)

But, if the terms are as many services as required up to 60k miles then what happens if someone's car says it needs a service every 5k miles? Will they do 12 services for free?

Whatever happens, it's great value at what they are charging us but Honda could lose loads of money as their terms are so vague.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »
This seems like the thread of confusion! My service book shows the car to be on variable servicing, which appears to be the default. The car service indicator shows 240 days till service required. Does not display letters A,B,C etc as the handbook suggests. However 240 days is approx 8 months at which point the car will be 12 months old, so looks like fixed servicing?

I have emailed the supplying dealer asking confirmation that the car is on fixed servicing. Still awaiting a reply.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2021, 03:39:30 PM »
The days left seems very inconsistent- mine has been on 150 days for over a week, but the week before it dropped 30 days.

I’ve contacted the servicing company to see how many services are included, will let you know when I hear back.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2021, 11:12:01 AM »
Well, one small step forward. Service Department of supplying Dealer has confirmed my car is on 12 months or 12500 miles service interval. So the car service indicator showing 240 days to service is correct. The service handbook showing the car is on variable servicing is incorrect. Shame they didn’t update the service book during PDI.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2021, 11:37:12 AM »
What's good for the goose .......

Mine will be booked in for mid August by which time it will likely be on about 2.5k miles.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2021, 12:37:19 PM »
10 weeks old now, mileage just about to hit 5k due to regular trips and a few holidays.

Car did say 150 days to service on Tuesday, but is down to 140 days today.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2021, 01:14:39 PM »
Yes, it's all over the shop.

I doubt Honda will complain if I adopt 12,500 miles or 1 year. I always thought variable servicing was for extreme or dusty climates.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2021, 12:22:22 PM »
I’ve had it confirmed by Honda:

“The plan covers for the 5 Honda scheduled manufacturers services.”

So it’s actually six years cover.

They don’t seem to know about variable servicing though, as they still say 12.5k miles/1 year per service!

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2021, 09:28:33 AM »
Looks like the time to service indicator might be like the trip counter - estimated based on miles travelled in the last few days/weeks.

I didn’t drive my Jazz for 10 days and the time to service has gone up to 170 days.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2021, 10:27:41 AM »
I'm going to leave mine now until I get any messages.

When I first got it I did spend quite a bit of time, in the garage, with the power on but not going anywhere, just tweaking setting, etc. The engine kicked in every now and again and I reckon it used that as a short journey log.

Since I've reset it I've done nothing unusual so it should be behaving.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
Going backwards… don’t drive for 10 days and my time to service increases by 30 days.

Drive the car 50 miles today and at the end of the journey I’ve gained another 10 days!

Now on 180 days to service instead of 140 a fortnight ago.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2021, 04:08:28 PM »
Sounds like one of those early Texas Instruments calculators    ;)

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Mileage at first service?
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »
With my first service due next week, I’d say the so called ‘variable’ servicing isn’t and the mileage left to service display can be ignored until it actually comes up with a warning message ‘service due soon’ on the dash.

I think all it is doing is looking at how many miles you have travelled in the last few days, then assuming you will do the same miles every week going forwards.

When you get the warning message, it then counts down from 30 days but even that is based on mileage as my display went down 2 days in one morning.

They do say that the 30 day counter is estimated in the manual, but should really also say that about the normal days to service indicator which I’ve had go both up and down by 30 days since buying the car.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 02:44:49 PM by sportse »

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »
FYI when the first warning comes up it takes over the dashboard with a big message to tell you that a service is due within 30 days.

It’s not something I’d have thought essential during a journey - mine came up on the motorway.

Just a first message on startup would be fine, as most cars.

Tags: