Author Topic: Hi, new owner from London  (Read 2228 times)

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
Hi, new owner from London
« on: October 04, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »
I can now formally say ‘hello’ having picked up my Jazz EX (MY22) today.

First, I would like to thank all members for their fantastic advice (to everyone, it’s very informative to read) on this forum, having been reading it daily over the past week or so. It’s great to be a part of it.

Too new for comment on the car, but overall I’m very happy so far. Just wish the seats were not white/cream (shining grey exterior) but this was one of a handful available ‘new’ at short notice.  With 3 kids and a dog, will be challenging  ;D

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Hi, new owner from London
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:57:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll enjoy the Jazz it's a great little car.
One of the reasons I went for the SR was the dark interiors are available with the darker paint colours.
I think if I remember correctly that in the EX versions light paint colours had dark interiors and dark paint colours had light interiors.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

DWJazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »
Thank you, yes that’s right the white car had dark grey and the reverse.
It’s quite nice inside and I guess (being light) it makes the car feel bigger; I’ll just need to be careful when picking the boys up from muddy sports, and will might remove the parcel shelf and make a comfy spot for the dog, will see.
I wonder if the chemical option (which apparently I can add layer) will make the seats easy(er) to clean.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 07:13:48 PM »
Welcome. Hope, since you’re from London, they gave you a full tank.

DWJazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
Yes full tank thank goodness  ;)

- Although they almost couldn’t get any in time for collection today.

When first switched on it reported 670 miles worth. Most journeys in the first few days will only be a couple of miles, and then likely to do
a 400 mile round trip some time in the next few weeks.

Does everyone leave eco mode on?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 04:51:57 AM »
I had to order red because I wanted the dark interior and didn't want black or white exterior.

I've had black and white before and neither cleaned up to my satisfaction, black is horrendous for swirls. I've also had a light interior before and that became tired and shabby after a few years.
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »
When traveling to and from Cornwall last month I noticed that the latest 'in' colour for many Germanish cars is now the kind of grey colour that our navy uses to hide their ships from enemy eyes...... Audi, VW and Skoda mainly... is this one of their safety initiatives ?  Whatever the make, on many German cars the first thing to get covered with road grime is the rear number plate,  is this a deliberate design to funnel all the dirt onto it, or do they supply aerosol cans of 'road grime' for the drivers to do it themselves ? Never really noticed this phenomenon on other makes of cars.   Don't know if the grey paint absorbs radar energy as well, to complete the 'stealth technology'.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 12:57:01 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
.. Does everyone leave eco mode on?
Hya!
Yes, I've been keeping Eco on in the hope of extending fuel miles. It doesn't impinge on my driving style.

I recently bought a Midnight Blue EX with pale seats. I had ProTech treatment applied inside and out. Because my wife has an allotment and she can get mucky I bought a couple of front seat covers. I keep them under the seats and use them when needed.

Neil Ives

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
What’s this MY22 I am seeing?.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 11:52:36 AM »

Model Year 2022.

In other words the current model.

DWJazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
When traveling to and from Cornwall last month I noticed that the latest 'in' colour for many Germanish cars is now the kind of grey colour that our navy uses to hide their ships from enemy eyes...... Audi, VW and Skoda mainly... is this one of their safety initiatives ?  Whatever the make, on many German cars the first thing to get covered with road grime is the rear number plate,  is this a deliberate design to funnel all the dirt onto it, or do they supply aerosol cans of 'road grime' for the drivers to do it themselves ? Never really noticed this phenomenon on other makes of cars.
Also wondered on that 'VantaBlack' - do we really want those hurtling through the streets in stealth mode?   :o

DWJazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 12:30:50 PM »

Model Year 2022.

In other words the current model.
Yes indeed - not sure if there's any difference however than the '21

DWJazz2021

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »
.. Does everyone leave eco mode on?
Hya!
Yes, I've been keeping Eco on in the hope of extending fuel miles. It doesn't impinge on my driving style.

I recently bought a Midnight Blue EX with pale seats. I had ProTech treatment applied inside and out. Because my wife has an allotment and she can get mucky I bought a couple of front seat covers. I keep them under the seats and use them when needed.

Yes, I've just bought a cheap back seat cover from Amazon (about £24) - meant to be dog-proof. I will post if any good

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 12:58:35 PM »
Also wondered on that 'VantaBlack' - do we really want those hurtling through the streets in stealth mode?   :o

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 01:34:36 PM »
What a load of rubbish expensive rubbish.
Neil Ives

Tags: