Author Topic: Doors unlocked and all windows opened with a small gap after locking  (Read 7095 times)

guest10626

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and a new Jazz/Honda owner as well. Today I found my Jazz unlocked and with open windows. All four windows were opened, but only with a small gap of the same size. After locking the car the wing mirrors collapsed correctly.

The key was in a bag and was not touched. The car was locked by pressing the button at the tailgate instead.

Sorry for my lousy English. I wonder if anyone could help me with a hint how to solve that issue?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
Re: Doors unlocked and all windows opened with a small gap after locking
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 09:40:42 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and a new Jazz/Honda owner as well. Today I found my Jazz unlocked and with open windows. All four windows were opened, but only with a small gap at the same size. After locking the car the wing mirrors collapsed correctly.

The key was in a bag and was not touched. The car was locked by pressing the button at the tailgate instead.

Sorry for my lousy English. I wonder if anyone could help me with a hint how to solve that issue?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany.
The key has the power to unlock the car and then if the same button is held for a few seconds all the windows roll down, (while the button is pressed).  I suspect the key may have been pressed long enough to unlock the car and partly lower the windows.
The lock button also closes any open windows after initiating it for a few seconds and continuing to press the button.

I've started to turn off the RF on our keys before we go to bed by holding both buttons down together for a few seconds until the red LED at the end flashes a couple times. This I hope prevents a Relay Attack. It would also save the problem described.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:48:01 PM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
Doors unlocked and all windows opened with a small gap after locking
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »
On the civic you can disable this function in the car settings, I’m not sure if we can do it on Jazz yet.

Apparently it’s fairly common for civic owners to accidentally open their windows and come back to a wet car interior.

guest10621

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 10:03:53 PM »
I used to get this with a previous car. I eventually realised that it was caused by me accidentally holding the car key so that one of my house keys on the same key ring was pressing against the unlock button.

guest10626

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 06:25:10 AM »
As I stated, the key was in a bag and hasn’t never been touched during the whole process. But I have to check it. Perhaps there was another item pressing the key button.

On the other hand I cannot see any point why to open all four windows just a little bit as an automatic feature.

Strange behaviour of my new car. Not as boring as my previous german cars ;-)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 09:25:49 AM »
As I stated, the key was in a bag and hasn’t never been touched during the whole process. But I have to check it. Perhaps there was another item pressing the key button.

On the other hand I cannot see any point why to open all four windows just a little bit as an automatic feature.

Strange behaviour of my new car. Not as boring as my previous german cars ;-)
On a hot day it's great to be able to quickly flush out hot stale air.
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 11:43:27 AM »
I've used the window function myself when approaching the car on a hot day.

Mine stopped with the windows not fully down once despite walking towards the car in view so I had to press and hold the button again - I think it must be quite sensitive to the signal.

guest10626

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 02:30:33 PM »
Right, SportSE. I tried several combinations on pressing the key buttons, today. Now, I can open the doors, close the doors with or without using the key. I am able to open the all the windows by pressing and holding the key knob, too. But I couldn‘ close the windows from outside e.g. by holding the close button on the key. I had to enter the car to close the windows by pulling the switches in the door panel.

Is there any function to close the windows with the key from outside?

By the way: I was able to engage the car alarm by using the mechanical key while the windows were open. What a surprise on the supermarket parking slot with lots of other car owners around me. I shouted: Don‘t shoot, it‘s mine. I am rich ;-)

guest10621

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 03:00:27 PM »
Right, SportSE. I tried several combinations on pressing the key buttons, today. Now, I can open the doors, close the doors with or without using the key. I am able to open the all the windows by pressing and holding the key knob, too. But I couldn‘ close the windows from outside e.g. by holding the close button on the key. I had to enter the car to close the windows by pulling the switches in the door panel.

Is there any function to close the windows with the key from outside?

By the way: I was able to engage the car alarm by using the mechanical key while the windows were open. What a surprise on the supermarket parking slot with lots of other car owners around me. I shouted: Don‘t shoot, it‘s mine. I am rich ;-)

I've not tried it on my Jazz yet, but the 2021 owners manual says:

Opening/Closing the Windows with the Remote *

To open: Press the unlock button, and then
within 10 seconds, press it again and hold it.

To close: Press the lock button, and then
within 10 seconds, press it again and hold it.

If the windows stop midway, repeat the
procedure.

* Not available on all models

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »
.... Is there any function to close the windows with the key from outside?
I just filmed myself doing it:
Neil Ives

guest10626

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »
Thanks. I will try to close the windows by key again.

Tags:

anything