Author Topic: Break hold  (Read 837 times)

MRCLICKCLICK

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: CROSSTAR.
Break hold
« on: September 08, 2021, 05:05:37 PM »
Is brake hold supposed to work in R mode ( reverse) - my crossbar creeps at I take the foot off break - without touching throttle.

HappyThought

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Break hold
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 07:50:17 PM »
Know what you mean. I'm finding R setting a bit odd. Seems to somewhat lurch back in a rather worrying way when with parking that's when you want complete slow control. Not finding it very intuitive yet - about three weeks into Crosstar ownership. It's our first automatic, first Honda, after years with much larger Peugeot estate. Have managed to avoid parallel parking so far but that can't go on living in London. Husband has scraped 'eyebrow' above headlight with trying to get out of tight parking spot after car in front parked a bit close. Oh well.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 08:14:39 PM »
22YM EX Hybrid:
Reverse also seems too energetic to me. I've tried left foot on the brake while reversing to control the movement. I can do it but I don't think my wife will be willing to experiment.
Neil Ives

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:04:27 PM »
Reverse speed seems to vary depending on whether the petrol engine is on.

If I reverse from cold while it’s warming up the car goes backwards faster than if I have an already warm engine that’s off in EV mode.

Tags:

anything