Author Topic: Hey all, looking to buy a Jazz on a tight budget and I have a few questions.  (Read 992 times)

Ti495

• Registered Member
Hi all   :D

In my car hunting on a budget I've noticed a fair few 2002-2004 Jazz's turning up, usually with around 102,000 miles under £1,000.  Since I am limited to automatic's only they seem quite tempting.

What would be the warning signs of a troublesome purchase, and how is the parts availability?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 07:05:12 PM by Ti495 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Check that the CVT gearbox is smooth with no judder. The engine should be bulletproof. The DSi (with its 8 sparkplugs) is a very tractable engine. Mine has done 142,000 miles (2006) and the mpg figure beside my avatar is the calculated average over the 5 years I have owned it.

guest10419

We've got a 2005 1.4 automatic for sale at the moment if you're anywhere near Liverpool. Silver with one lady owner from new, 43,500 with full service history for £1100 negotiable. But its got a few battle scars. Nothing major though. If you need pictures I can probably sort them but it's an 8 mile walk there and back because I can't drive at the moment! Thyroid op!
Guy

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Watch for rust around rear suspension and rear sills and rear floor.  ESSENTIAL. (Or welding bills £000s)
Lots around : get a well loved one as opposed to a high mileage one unless very cheap.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Go along to your local auction, do not buy.
Then digest what's going on , return when your happy what your funds will buy.
Try a hunt in Gumtree see what's available .
On older cars it's all about condition, make tyre, check the MOT history via the govt website.
Never overbid at auctions & if in doubt walk away. There are 100,s of used cars out there. Good Luck.

madasafish

• Approved Member

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Go along to your local auction, do not buy.
Then digest what's going on , return when your happy what your funds will buy.
Try a hunt in Gumtree see what's available

+1 Gumtree for cheapies, also local facebook.

Jazz auction prices silly here in the East Mids, often higher than private sale prices!

Check the CVT gearbox thoroughly, especially for judder on take up as mentioned above. Rust is the other enemy, particularly underside at the rear, rear ends of the sills.

madasafish

• Approved Member
Do make sure it has a catalyst (Silly I know).
So many stolen, exhaust may be bodged with pipe to make it quiet rather than fit  a new cat.
And check ALL warning lights work at switch on. Chancers remove the ones showing faults.

Tags: