Author Topic: Dash reflection advice needed please  (Read 5217 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Dash reflection advice needed please
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »
I bought a cover from US and tried it once, but I didn't like how it looks. I think it's too thick to take the shape of the dash nicely. I have been planning to try a simple black terry towel, but didn't got it done last summer. Now there will not be that problem until April or May.

Polarising sun glasses are the real answer,  if you wear glasses you can get clip-on ones

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IUJ5AO4/

Polarizing sunglasses do reduce the reflection, but the dashboard reflection blinds the shadow areas of the road even in less bright days, when sunglasses are not desired. Besides, I don't like to use sunglasses.

The clip-ons I use barely have a tint in them ( I only want the polarising bit ),  and can actually increase contrast on duller days - you can get light yellow tinted polarised 'driving glasses' which are actually safer in low light.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2021, 08:27:31 AM »
I'm glad it works for you. I'm rather looking for solutions to reduce the reflection itself.

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »
This is the stuff I bought.
From here https://aemarket.co.uk/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 09:48:03 AM by Neil Ives »
Neil Ives

Ed the Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S 1.3 CVT
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2022, 08:11:36 PM »
A Dash Mat is the way to go. Fitted mine 4 years ago on 2016 Mk3 and improvement was instant and fantastic. Also only needs a quick vac every now and then and protects the dash from sun damage. Ordered mine from Australia but WISH seem to have them now. Trawl the net.

Jon R

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2022, 03:48:58 PM »
Hi Folks.
Only thing I would advise if fitting a dash mat purchased specifically for your model of Jazz/Fit, is to make sure that the cut-outs in the mat do not obscure windscreen clearing vents and sensors.  The mat that I purchased online was of decent quality, but stated that backing was silicone, and did not rely on adhesive Velcro pads to secure it down to the dash. When it arrived, the backing was not silicone and relied on Velcro fixing pads. Returning item was not really cost effective, so I've kept it. Although all cut-outs were all there, they do not line up very well, and I have decided to remove the cover during the winter because it seems to compromise demisting on cold windows.
Will put dash mat back once warm sunny weather arrives, fingers crossed!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2022, 05:39:29 PM »
I used non-slip matting under my home brewed dash-mat, I got it from Wilko but it's available widely. I've had absolutely no issues with it moving. May be worth a try. https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-non-slip-cushion-mat-45-x-125cm/p/0507531

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2022, 01:50:28 PM »
Got one from Ali Express. Arrived today

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2022, 05:33:18 PM »
Perfect fit and a good price @ £15 delivered

FredS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 jazz EX Navi manual
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2022, 10:02:10 AM »
Hello NoelM,

I am looking for a dash mat for my 2016 EX Navi

Please could you provide a link to the one you purchased and maybe a photo or two?

Do you think the mat allows the air bags to operate normally?

Thank's for your advice much appreciated

FredS

Tags: