Author Topic: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz  (Read 14611 times)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »
I can hear if its snowed in the night. Cars on summer tyres simply cant get up the really quite gentle hill outside. Especially powerful rear wheel drive ones.  They turn the road into an 'ice rink.  In the past I might have chucked a bit of rock salt on it from the nearby council grit bin. But now I think," Maybe its better you go no further on those Hockey puck tyres. You're safer in Town. "

In countries where winter tyres are normal snow  tends to get broken up and flung off (by whatever means  :-[ ) leaving a rough surface with surprisingly good grip.

Just been for a walk , saw very few cars with tyres even remotely suitable for snow. Even 4x4's

From what I remember, gritting in the UK tends to more reactive, whereas in Hungary once the temperature gets to zero (with snow forecast) an army of vehicles is dispatched to salt the roads (every few hours, or less if needed). And that's with most people switching to winter tyres from November onwards.

Personally, with any temperature under 8 degrees, I'd go with winter tyres (even in the UK) as I'm a convert. Funnily enough I wanted to do exact same thing as Lord Voltermore and take photos of my summer and winter tyres. But he beat me to it!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:37:06 PM by Jayt43 »

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
There are Vredestein Quatrac available for my Jazz - C economy, B rain, 70Db

or Bridgestone Weather Control - C economy, A rain, 71Db

vs the standard Yokohama BluEarth - C economy, C rain, 68Db.

I'm leaning towards the Bridgestones when mine are due for replacement, but it may be some time.

In 5k miles my front tyres are down maybe 2mm, so I have maybe another 10k miles left on them. Rears are likely to last quite a bit longer, so even if I rotate them when the fronts are below 4mm it will be a while yet.

Prices seem to be around £500 for a full set.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »
Have a look at these.
I have them on the Karoq and they are brilliant. Falken are the 4th largest tyre manufacturer on the planet.
https://www.tyres-guru.co.uk/product/Falken/EUROALL-SEASON-AS210/185-60-R15/R-377049
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags:

anything