Author Topic: Back ache.  (Read 2716 times)

Mouse

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crossstar
Re: Back ache.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 09:14:14 AM »
The Crosstar seats do not have lumbar support but you could try a lumbar support cushion, an old pullover wrapped up would suffice to see if it makes a difference.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2022, 10:51:52 AM »
Worst car ever for me was a Mk1 Landrover Freelander. Two hours in that would cripple me.

My suggestion. Do what I do and drive everywhere, always, with the heated seat on. Even in Summer.
I DO!!!. I will not buy a car without heated seats. The HR-V seats are brilliant. they heat up very quickly and the 3bars are so hot the become uncomfortable after 30 minutes and then 2 bar is wonderful, just right for my rubbish back.  Plus the heated steering wheel. ;D I hardly ever need the A/C.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 10:54:40 AM »
The Crosstar seats do not have lumbar support but you could try a lumbar support cushion, an old pullover wrapped up would suffice to see if it makes a difference.
I may be wrong, but I don't think Honda have ever fitted adjustable lumbar supports. Even my first Honda, the original HR-V had wonderful seats.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 01:12:23 PM »
I think my Mk7 Accord had lumbar adjustment.

The Accord we had in the UK was the luxury Lexus equivalent called Acura TSX when sold in America.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 04:43:20 PM »
Worst car ever for me was a Mk1 Landrover Freelander. Two hours in that would cripple me.

My suggestion. Do what I do and drive everywhere, always, with the heated seat on. Even in Summer.
I DO!!!. I will not buy a car without heated seats. The HR-V seats are brilliant. they heat up very quickly and the 3bars are so hot the become uncomfortable after 30 minutes and then 2 bar is wonderful, just right for my rubbish back.  Plus the heated steering wheel. ;D I hardly ever need the A/C.

Everything you keep feeding back on the HR-V is convincing me more and more that this will be my next car. Although I have convinced myself the RAV4 will go at least another year and the Mk1 Jazz will be a post apocalyptical survivor its so solid!

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 11:05:37 AM »
I must show Honda your message and claim my commission! ;)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »
This is NOT an attack on car manufactures but I ask a genuine question. Do any of you suffer from weak, constant back pain that you can out down to the car seat design? I have a back problem - for over 6 months - very low level across the right side of body - but almost constant. I have been to doctors etc - no obvious cause - so that's why I ask the question - could it be the settings / design of my seats in the Crosstar? I don drive Avery day - and never more that about an hour.
https://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/media/videos/302808/all-new-jazz-ehevjazz seat

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 05:17:29 AM »
I have no Jazz seat issue but previously on long journeys I found my IS200 electric seats a boon. My issue seemed to be upper rear leg cramp.

When I felt that coming on I could safely raise just the front of the squab to apply more pressure and that relieved it. Those fully adjustable seats were brilliant as you could safely make minor adjustments whilst on the move.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
Back ache.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 06:09:56 AM »
Having spent a week in a crosstar, I prefer the seats in my ordinary jazz.

The crosstar seat backs seem flatter, whereas the side bolsters support you more on the jazz.

It could also be due in part to wear - the crosstar had 2k miles and my jazz 15k miles.

Perhaps the waterproof seat covers on the crosstar are slightly harder than jazz too.

Tags:

anything