Author Topic: 2022 HR-V  (Read 4792 times)

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: 2022 HR-V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 07:35:00 AM »
Unfortunately I had to rule out jazz/crosstar after driving on a motorway with velocities around 120km/h (limit 130km/h). Too much bothersome noise from the engine. And when comparing available parameters between HR-V and Jazz I'm afraid it'll be same with the bigger car. I run 1/3 of my driving on a motorway.

Would like to buy Honda but will have to turn to Toyota CH-R probably which has a stronger engine.
I'm surprised that engine noise is the issue at those speeds.  I would have thought wind and tyre noise would have been more prevalent.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:56:44 PM by ColinS »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:21 AM »
I have to agree. I have a MK1 Jazz but even at 80 mph the tyre and wind noise drowns out my engine. Once I am above 30 mph the engine is the least of my noise concerns.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
Under hard acceleration the engine can rev furiously with the CVT box but, in my Mk3, once you've achieved cruising speed, the revs drop right back (2500 ish at 70). This makes for a relaxed cruise and I agree that the main issue then is road and wind noise.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2021, 12:15:12 PM »
I see there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat on any of the models.  Will wait to see what it is like in the flesh but could be a deal breaker for me (or I should say, my wife).

Gamifier

• Turkey Roll
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 3.5l/100
  • My Honda: Ford Focus
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2021, 02:39:47 PM »
From what i see it canít compete with Puma

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2021, 03:29:36 PM »

No, it probably can't climb trees...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2021, 10:39:06 AM »

The Puma used to be a great little Fiesta-based coupe. Now it's a small crossover. Is nothing sacred anymore?

If Ford ever make a BMW X4-style coupe/crossover and call it...Kapri...then I'll be really worried.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2021, 12:36:20 PM »

The Puma used to be a great little Fiesta-based coupe. Now it's a small crossover. Is nothing sacred anymore?

If Ford ever make a BMW X4-style coupe/crossover and call it...Kapri...then I'll be really worried.

Have you seen what they have done to the Mustang?

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
I see there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat on any of the models.  Will wait to see what it is like in the flesh but could be a deal breaker for me (or I should say, my wife).
HR-V has height adjustable seats for both driver and passenger.

ColinS

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 10:12:05 PM »
Are you sure?  I have them on my model but I didn't think the latest one had a passenger seat height adjustment.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2021, 10:43:07 AM »
Are you sure?  I have them on my model but I didn't think the latest one had a passenger seat height adjustment.
Hmmm, not positive so have emailed Honda (UK) and asked them. Not too confident they'll know however.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2021, 01:50:55 PM »

Agreed 100%. The original Puma was such a brilliant car. Had a fantastic TV ad with McQueen
They get good reviews, and being a Ford will be a good steer for sure. But from the front? Ford dropped the ball on that one.

The HRV has it beat on that front imho.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2021, 03:10:43 PM »
Hmmm, not positive so have emailed Honda (UK) and asked them. Not too confident they'll know however.

Answer from Honda - new HR-V does NOT have passenger seat height adjustment.  That is a real disappointment and could well be a deal breaker for me as my wife needs an elevated seating position because of back problem. HR-V must be the only mid size crossover without passenger seat height adjustment. For the life of me I canít understand why it is not included.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Non at present I have owned 6 in the past. HR-V e:HEV ordered.
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
Expatman,
Don't panic about your wife and the passenger seat. When I sat in the open evening HR-V I put the driver's seat right up to the top and it was higher than my Karoq seat.
I obviously have no idea about how tall your wife is, but the chances are that the passenger seat, which presumably will be set around mid way to the driver's, would be plenty high enough for 6ft me with a very bad back.
So don't rule it out 'til she's had the chance to try it.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2021, 05:58:01 PM »
Thanks for your personal experience, we will wait till we try the seat on a demonstrator.
£30,000 for a car without passenger seat height adjustment is a bit rich though!!

Tags: