Author Topic: Rear Brake Caliper Pins.  (Read 748 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Rear Brake Caliper Pins.
« on: November 08, 2020, 12:48:27 PM »
I have researched prior to posting, but I would like some more information re the rear caliper pins.

The caliper pins that slide are covered in rubber bellows. How do you remove the belows? And then, how do you remove the caliper pins themselves?

This weekend I replaced the rear discs and pads on our Jazz. Tricky would be how I would best describe the replacement. Fortunately everything came off relatively easily, was cleaned carefully and fitted back again properly and are now working well.

The pins are sliding well/easily and I can feel the 'squish' of grease as they slide in and out. I really want to get them out for a clean and regrease (ceratec), but couldnt figure how to! I've read previous posts on the subject on the forum, but it wasnt clear, or maybe I'm having a 'moment'!!  :D

Thank you in advance for your help.  :)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Re: Rear Brake Caliper Pins.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 02:24:47 PM »
hi they just pull out hardly any effort needed the rubber bellows have a slight lip on them  that flips into the casting dead simple best get a set of four new bellows incase you split them removing them regards

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Rear Brake Caliper Pins.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:03 AM »
hi they just pull out hardly any effort needed the rubber bellows have a slight lip on them  that flips into the casting dead simple best get a set of four new bellows incase you split them removing them regards

Thanks. I think getting some spare belows first is a good idea. Clearly a case of my being far too gentle with them as not wishing to destroy the below.

Tags:

anything