Author Topic: Updated LED lighting  (Read 778 times)

JRHPNG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
Updated LED lighting
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:58:45 PM »
I was shopping online for new headlight / park bulbs and came across these after much searching, the headlight bulbs use genuine Phillips LEDs. They should arrive in the next week or so, will update on how they perform. At $75 NZD they are similar to what I'd spend on halogen bulbs.

The Narva LED T10s were very cheap, I'll pick up another set for the numberplate at some stage.
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Updated LED lighting
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »
Those headlight bulbs look good, and not too pricy

There is a long running thread on here about LED headlight bulbs...

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=8738.0

This is the version of Phillips LED H4 ( Luxeon 6th gen ZES chips ) I have been using for over 2 years now and they have been great.  Looks like there are less LED chips on your purchase,  but that may be due to improvements in the LED technology.  I would say it is the best thing I ever did to our Jazz and Civic ( Civic uses H1 and H7 LED bulbs ) - I only replaced the dip beams on Civic as they get used vast majority of the time,  and dip stay on when you switch to main and the mains beam bulbs outlast the dips by many times, and are much easier to replace - and I could lose a main bulb and still have both dips and one main,  which is fine.

Since I fitted LED I guess I have saved the price of at least one set of normal filament bulbs,  and the light from the LED is so much better.

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-led-headlights-h4-philips-z-es-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: