Author Topic: 2019 GK RS Shocks into GE8 - Doing it tonight.  (Read 964 times)

JRHPNG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
2019 GK RS Shocks into GE8 - Doing it tonight.
« on: September 24, 2019, 03:10:27 AM »
So,

I was lucky enough to score a complete set of 2019 (less than 1000km / 600 miles traveled) Honda Jazz RS shocks (front and back) for the princely sum of $52 NZD, or 26 of your GBP via a local auction site. (Thanks Nathan if you ever read this)

My rational for this purchase was
1) Our Jazz has traveled over 300,000km / 186,000 miles.
2) People were installing GE coil-overs into GK Jazz / Fits before the GK kits became available.. So they should bolt straight in.

We purchased the Jazz at 280,000 so we are unsure if they have ever been replaced. We had been quoted over $800 to replace the shocks only from a local business.

Now, I understand that there is a few hundred KG's difference, the GK being lighter but I do not think that will make a huge difference, maybe it will sit fractionally lower?

If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you my thoughts on before and after..

Cheers,
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:51:26 AM by JRHPNG »
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

JRHPNG

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
Re: 2019 GK RS Shocks into GE8 - Doing it tonight.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:50:41 AM »
Well, I only got the rears in tonight. Turns out they were the original shocks. Date stamped Dec 2008, it's an early 09. They were in great condition considering the miles.

I should have done a little more research, I had to use the bump stops, top rubbers etc from the old shocks. Spring rate appears when compared side by side.

Will get onto the front shocks tomorrow, glad they are complete and I don't need to touch a spring compressor..
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

Tags: