Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Sat Nav upgrade after 5 free years
« Last post by jazzaro on November 29, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
£21.31 inc VAT.  Personally I think this is good value for money (compared to other car manufacturers)
Yes.
Cheap price compared to other car manufacturers, but very expensive considering that Garmin provides  stand-alone devices at £100, with more options and lifetime map updates.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electricity generation. The pros and the cons.
« Last post by richardfrost on November 29, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »
In this country (island) the future for renewables is tidal (never fails) and to a lesser degree, wave power. There's an interesting story in the news today about a new type of tidal generator developed by a subsidiary of Saab. But I do agree we should be looking to nuclear as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59401199
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by madasafish on November 29, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »
Iím new to this Forum and Iíve just logged in a few minutes ago, to be honest I canít believe what Iím reading here, Jesus H Christ the Government have really got people brainwashed havenít they. Right from the start the whole thing has been a complete fiasco, surly you donít believe all this clap trap do you.
Never believe what you hear, and only believe half of what you see, and stop complying to the Governmentís depopulation agenda into misery and poverty.
You're going to fit right in!  ;D

Us nutters have got to stick together...until Covid strikes. :o
New Members / Re: Hi from Glasgow
« Last post by madasafish on November 29, 2021, 02:37:27 PM »
Welcome
« Last post by richardfrost on November 29, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »
Iím new to this Forum and Iíve just logged in a few minutes ago, to be honest I canít believe what Iím reading here, Jesus H Christ the Government have really got people brainwashed havenít they. Right from the start the whole thing has been a complete fiasco, surly you donít believe all this clap trap do you.
Never believe what you hear, and only believe half of what you see, and stop complying to the Governmentís depopulation agenda into misery and poverty.
You're going to fit right in!  ;D
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Sat Nav upgrade after 5 free years
« Last post by Madelvic on November 29, 2021, 02:35:03 PM »
Post 5 years maps are available in the same way as free updates, via Garmin Express.
The next available update will be offered on a paid basis direct to Garmin following Garmin account creation and terms/conditions agreements.
Cost is around £25 for the annual map update.
Many thanks Steve.  First go failed as I suspect the USB wasn't formatted correctly, but I've managed to download the 2022 maps for the princely sum of £21.31 inc VAT.  Personally I think this is good value for money (compared to other car manufacturers)
« Last post by ColinS on November 29, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »
Until scientists know more about this variant it is sensible to limit transmission by getting vaccinated, limiting travel, and limiting social contact.
While there are unvaccinated people either by choice or through unavaliability of vaccines the virus has scope to reproduce and mutate.

I agree, I just can't fathom why others don't see it that way.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz
« Last post by Expatman on November 29, 2021, 02:31:22 PM »
It's not just rear wheel drive vehicles, big 4x4's with summer tyres are deadly on snow. They may (with a bit of luck) get going but stopping on those tyres is a lot more difficult - slip sliding right into the kerb or ditch! The drivers seem so surprised - " but it's 4 wheel drive" - as one lady said to me on a hill near Harrogate. My 2 wheel front drive car with All Season tyres had no problems at all. Did give her a lift to a garage to get help.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electricity generation. The pros and the cons.
« Last post by madasafish on November 29, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »
Relying on storage in Scotland to solve problems in England seems politically very brave.
« Last post by JimSh on November 29, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »
I'm afraid that is not always the case. There are still plenty of hosts out there.

Yeah, but nature is not stupid, if a virus kills its host it does not get the chance to spread very far....  a living host moves around a lot more than a dead one ( which seems a reasonable assumption ), mixing with more hosts who can pass the virus on -- that is why after a while the more spreadable ( like butter ) but less virulent virus strains start to dominate, and being infected with a similar but less deadly strain gives good immunity to hosts.

The virus is neither stupid or intelligent.
It is unthinking, just wants to reproduce and is subject to random changes some of which may make it more/less transmissible and some of which may make it more/less lethal.
Humans on the other hand are supposed to have intelligence.
Until scientists know more about this variant it is sensible to limit transmission by getting vaccinated, limiting travel, and limiting social contact.
While there are unvaccinated people either by choice or through unavaliability of vaccines the virus has scope to reproduce and mutate.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]