Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Cross climate or winter tyres. Snow socks or chains?
« Last post by Jayt43 on November 30, 2021, 06:51:06 PM »
Then if your all seasons wear out , or you are selling the car but want to keep the all season tyres you have the option of swapping back

My Cross-Climates were wonderful in terms of wear. On the car for 4 years (around 40,000 miles) and likely good for another 3-4 (not taking into account they'd be 8 year old tyres). Worth every penny!

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Front bumper light or reflex?
« Last post by Sven on November 30, 2021, 06:47:53 PM »
Thanks. So strange they never light up regardless of which light position I use. Maybe due to the "full low beam" mandatory at daylight in Denmark, so maybe they are deactivated by an always activated 'full low-beam' in Auto mode - modification?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Front bumper light or reflex?
« Last post by trebor1652 on November 30, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
They are DRL's.
On when the ignition and engine is running.
They go off when the sidelights/headlights are on.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Front bumper light or reflex?
« Last post by Sven on November 30, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »
Hi
I'm new to this forum, and actually new to forums.
I have bought a second hand Jazz mk3 with something that looks like white vertical lights in the far right and left side of the front bumper, but I cannot find anything in the
user manual on these nor in this forum, and regardless of which light I have activated they do not light up. Wondering if it is only reflective without any LED or bulp inside, or defective or me who cannot operate the car.
I have attached a pic to this post with the one light marked in red "circle". Hope someone can clarify if it can be turned on and how, as I'm curious to know if it is defective or just reflective. Thanks in advance.

BTW: I hope it is the right place I post, as mk2 is mentioned in the sub-topic description and it indicate "reply only", but then I cannot see where to post in regards to a MK3 question.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Coolant/Antifreeze
« Last post by madasafish on November 30, 2021, 06:27:06 PM »
Cox have an offer om Honda 5 liter premix anti freeze.

Using all discounts , delivered under 24.
Due here tomorrow.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: This damned tyre pressure warning system.
« Last post by Sven on November 30, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
Hi
Can see this is an old topic and thread, but just want to chip in that I got the same problem fixed after almost a year after purchasing a 2017 mk3,
After approx half an hour drive on the motorway at 130km/h it gave a tire alarm for no reason. EVERY TIME I drove across Denmark, every week. But never at 80km/h drives or lower, which I also do for hours every week.
After several service visits at the authorized Honda dealer/service center where I bought it 3 years old last year, they did a low-level reset of the system based on guidance from Honda, and since there has been absolutely no problems, and it reacts correctly, and never give false alarms.
For information, Jazz MK3 use the indirect TPMS system based on comparing the speed of the wheels, and not the direct TPMS system where there is a sensor in each tire which other cars use.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)
« Last post by Sven on November 30, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
Hi
I have read through many, but far from all post on this s&s, and can chip in that I have same problem. I have had a 2017 mk3 Jazz for 1.5 years now and got problems with s&s working randomly all the time. Approx 30% it stops fine, at red light 70% it does not stop, even when all conditions should be ok.
After some trials, the authorized dealer+service center replaced the battery to a new one and had it checked and tested based on Honda guidance many times, but never really solved it.
I drive across Denmark every week, and even when I drive 360km in one go, it still does not always stop when I reach a red light close to home or in the other end.
I'm sorry to say that I'm an experienced electronic engineer and have tried to understand this and get experience of when it works and not work, but after 1.5year it still does not reveal any consistency other than not stopping when engine is cold, which is according to expectation. Warm engine, warm/cold weather, long/short drives.
I have now just accepted that it has it's own life, and forget it. Naturally there is a sensible reaction based on some sensor facts and/or timing, but it is apparently just not easy to identify.
Not the end of the world, but naturally somewhat annoying when you want to reduce your carbon footprint and save some expensive drops of fuel. Jazz S&S RIP ;-)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Cross climate or winter tyres. Snow socks or chains?
« Last post by Hugh R on November 30, 2021, 05:20:06 PM »
One possible solution if your summer tyres are still quite new.  Have all seasons fitted but keep possession of  the summer tyres.  Then if your all seasons wear out , or you are selling the car but want to keep the all season tyres you have the option of swopping back.     (Possibly free fitting when buying tyres , maybe 50 for all 4 to swop back  )  Depending on expected mileage this may save you from having to buy new tyres  just before selling the car or its last MOT in your ownership.

Unless of course you buy a set of rims and have two sets of wheels.  I find they seem to last for ever when  you do this.  If running two sets of wheels its a good idea to check the tyres date of manufacture.  They might start aging and cracking before they actually wear out their tread.   Some on line tyre sellers will guarantee recent manufacture but may charge extra.

As I have an EX with the 16" tyres and because I'd rather have had 15"s would a good option be to change the complete set-up to 15" all seasons and, on selling, change everything back to the 16" set-up with the standard tyres, which would be almost new...??  Wonder how much cost might be.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Drop links/ Which Battery? Jazz 2007
« Last post by JonnyJazz on November 30, 2021, 04:57:53 PM »
Bit late and they don't currently have one in stock, but I bought from this outfit recently when there was an extra 25% off deal :
https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/yuasa-ybx5054-silver-high-performance-car-battery-type-054/

The only problem was the courier they use in my area is an obnoxious **********.
Another vote for all season winter legal tyres..  I have  Goodyear vector 4 season on my Yaris and get good performance all year round . (Not yet on my Jazz)   They are winter legal  (Snow flake in a mountain symbol)  .Most all- season tyres are now winter rated ,   but not all tyres that are M+S rated (mud and snow) are winter legal. To qualify they must also remain flexible at cold temperatures.

To remain winter legal, and be of any use in snow , they must have a minimum of 4mm tread  , although you can have less tread in summer etc. . (-with all seasons.  Its not advisable to use full winter tyres in the summer. I think it may be illegal in Belgium)  On the plus side winter tyres usually come with 9mm of tread rather than the usual 8mm,  but this may not  always be true for all-seasons.   Tyre experts recommend replacing tyres at 3mm anyway.

Although some countries  will accept summer tyres with snow chains as a legal alternative  its not really practical.   Its better to have the correct tyres for the possible conditions, not just come  prepared to exploit a loop hole in the law.      Some countries require you to carry snow chains anyway.  I have  a set of, cheap ,'get you out of trouble in an emergency 'ones . I doubt they would last many miles. Often sold quite cheaply in supermarkets  in those  countries. I've never needed to use mine, The pass would probably be closed anyway if it got that bad. Some of the higher alpine passes are closed october to may  anyway, sometimes longer.

In Germany ,and possibly elsewhere you must always have the correct tyres for the road conditions.  Even if it snows in July.  (I have driven in snow in June,July and August)  Thats why  all-seasons are now so popular and advanced.

One possible solution if your summer tyres are still quite new.  Have all seasons fitted but keep possession of  the summer tyres.  Then if your all seasons wear out , or you are selling the car but want to keep the all season tyres you have the option of swopping back.     (Possibly free fitting when buying tyres , maybe 50 for all 4 to swop back  )  Depending on expected mileage this may save you from having to buy new tyres  just before selling the car or its last MOT in your ownership.

Unless of course you buy a set of rims and have two sets of wheels.  I find they seem to last for ever when  you do this.  If running two sets of wheels its a good idea to check the tyres date of manufacture.  They might start aging and cracking before they actually wear out their tread.   Some on line tyre sellers will guarantee recent manufacture but may charge extra.

But dont just buy 2 winter/all seasons for the front.  This is dangerous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything