Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: HR-V 60minute test drive
« Last post by Karoq on Today at 09:39:06 AM »
Thanks again; I am 5’ 7” so usually find a happy driving position with seat somewhat elevated, although I don’t like to sit close to the steering wheel - arms flexed but outstretched (if you see what I mean).
Looking forward to testing myself sometime in New Year. In the meantime I, and many others, would welcome any more thoughts on your driving experience of the HR-V.
You should be able to get the ideal driving position. I also drive in semi-racing style, seat fairly well reclined and arms at almost full extension. I smashed my left elbow when I was 21 thanks to a horse and have not since been able to straighten my left arm. So slightly bent is the best I can do.
I would add re the car that the L air vents do exactly what Honda claims and very efficiently. When you move the control from 'wiffling' gentle breeze to 'blast' it actually closes the L vent and transfers the air to standard slatted air vents with vertical and horizontal adjustments, inboard from the L vents. Turn the L vent knob to 'off' and it closes both vents.
Any other questions from anyone, please feel free to ask & I'll do my best to answer.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: HR-V 60minute test drive
« Last post by Karoq on Today at 09:31:37 AM »
Thanks for the review (although I'm not planning to buy one). The good mpg was probably helped by today's weather being warm. Did you venture down any wiggly rural roads which would test the RDMS?
No sorry. It is quite a long way to get out of the conurbation into 'wiggly' territory.
But on a couple of occasions I did stray across the white line and it 'beeped' and gave a gentle tug on the steering wheel. I didn't go far enough for it to actually attempt to move the car back. I got the impression that the Honda camera system is superior to the Skoda radar system. But of course not a lot of use in fog or blizzards. Luckily both are very rare in south Dorset!
I didn't have time to investigate all the safety gizmos. I basically only had time to get in, adjust the screens to what I wanted  and drive. I only just got back within my allotted hour and they had others booked for test drives, so couldn't be late.
Honda OS completely different from Skoda. I think it may well take me a couple of days to get to grips with it, when mine arrives.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: New South African variant.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 09:27:30 AM »
A lot of things that are printed and broadcast turn out to be of questionable veracity, often part of a 'project fear'.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that the papers and channels you 'like' always print the 'truth'...  You need  to be cynical.  What we really need is a vaccine against covid hysteria..

That's exactly why the wise person reads a wide variety of media across the spectrum, and insists on understanding the source of any statements before forming his own view.
I attach the full list of parameters which can upset the stop-start system (it says HR-V (Mk 2) but is the same for the Mk 3 Jazz.

Just love some of those. Under the heading "Climate Control System", you find such gems as:
"Outside air temperature is
or less."
(A number would be helpful!) and

"When the climate control unit ruins the
indoor amenity. "
(Errr ... what?)
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 09:16:28 AM »
Am I missing something or has Boris left the airports wide open?
Given that the omicron variant is probably widespread already and that the incubation period is unknown,
what good is one PCR test going to be at detecting and stopping infection?
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/covid-rules-latest-pcr-test-uk-quarantine-b1965371.html
New Members / Re: Greetings from Macedonia
« Last post by dbl.dzo on Today at 09:07:14 AM »
Thank you fellows for your warm wishes.

We are kinda busy with MOT and insurance, but new profile photo coming up real soon.

P.S. Is there a separate section within this forum where I can open a subject for my vehicle only? Service history, issues, updates, modifications, photos etc etc.
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 09:05:20 AM »
The NYPost lies between the Sunday Sport and the Lancet in terms of quality of its scientific and medical reporting, perhaps closer to the former
Perhaps a lot closer?  ::)  :o
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=new+york+post+covers&qpvt=New+york+Post+covers&tsc=ImageHoverTitle&form=IGRE&first=1
« Last post by culzean on Today at 08:29:13 AM »
A lot of things that are printed and broadcast turn out to be of questionable veracity, often part of a 'project fear'.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that the papers and channels you 'like' always print the 'truth'...  You need  to be cynical.  What we really need is a vaccine against covid hysteria..
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Grinding noise on hard turn
« Last post by fashionphotography on Today at 07:43:47 AM »
think i posted a reply before on this .. best thing is to remove the caliper and carrier on the drivers side rear . gently turn the hub and see if you can hear something .. i had to remove the rear Disc and found its the cowel part of the backplate you cant see it until you remove the brake Disc. it was scraping the edge of the back of the hub . in my case it was catching one of the back of the wheel studs. but yes easy to just pry away with a screwdriver
I attach the full list of parameters which can upset the stop-start system (it says HR-V (Mk 2) but is the same for the Mk 3 Jazz.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything