Author Topic: Play SD cards via original Honda Jazz radio  (Read 9884 times)

guest153

Play SD cards via original Honda Jazz radio
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:33:24 AM »
I would love to be able to “play” SD cards (recorded on my DAB radio) via my original installation Jazz radio.
Happy to buy some “extras” to enable me to do this.
Can anybody give me some ideas please.
Regards to all Jazz players !! Derek

[edit 7th July 2008 by RichardA - expanded topic title]

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »
The only way it could be done is if you could purchase a some kind of portable audio player which plays SD cards (if such a device actually exists) and then either wire a AUX-in socket to the Jazz’s radio (as your ‘05 car wouldn’t have a AUX-in) or buy a Modulator which you plug into your portable audio device and then tune in the Jazz’s radio to the Modulator’s frequency.

Simplest option if you have a SD card slot on your PC is to copy the files over and burn to CD (Jazz will play CD-RW discs). I would think the files on the SD card are stored in something like MP3 or MP2 - could easily be converted for burning to a audio CD.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:18:35 PM by RichardA »

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:33:09 AM »
Depending on what format you have recorded the music on the SD-card, there are many MP3 players that have SD-card reader built in.
Or if you have a mobile phone like mine: Nokia N95, you have both SD card built in, and a stereo jack that you could plug into the AUX input on the stock stereo system. Then there is only a question of finding a program that you can install on the phone that play that format that you have recorded.

But I’m going to change my stereo next year to a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 system and there I have a harddrive that I can download music/audio to.

guest153

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
Many thanks for ideas and advice.
Do ‘05 Jazz have an ” aux” socket ?
If so at the back ?
Need to remove radio to access ?
Presumably a non-Honda radio (say a Bosch) would not fit the hole (and if it did, not look “presentable”)
Derek

guest174

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »
First the AUX input: Not all cars come with it. In Norway it is standard, and in US the Sport has it as standard but not the basic, not sure of the rest of the world…
The AUX input is located beside the sigarettelighter.

To replace the factory mounted radio/CD-player you need a new faceplate since it is integrated with the dashboard.
There are several choices depending of what kind of car you have (USDM Fit, JDM Fit or EU Jazz or other). First you have the Scosche Kit or the Metra Kit. JapanParts also have some alternatives but only for JDM Fit.

I just asked my Honda dealer and got a orginal Honda faceplate (part # 08B00-SAA-611B) for my EU Jazz.

All those faceplate give you a 2DIN space to put in a stereo. So you could just put in a blind plate for empty slot if you only install a 1DIN unit.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=12&cat=3&page=1

Connects to the CD changer input on the back of the radio, allowing you to play SD cards and USB hard disc/flash drives through your Jazz's radio, including using the radio unit/steering wheel controls to select tracks. Essentially, the Jazz's radio will see it as a CD changer.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:19:07 PM by RichardA »

guest806

• Topic Starter
Re: Play SD cards via original Honda Jazz radio
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
Hi, does anybody know of cheaper alternatives?

Tags:

anything