Author Topic: Parking Sensor Switch  (Read 6098 times)

dogbiscuit

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
Parking Sensor Switch
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »
Occasionally I find the parking sensors not activated, pressing the parking sensor switch has no effect until I turn the ignition off and then back on. Then everything works again. Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour?

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Parking Sensor Switch
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:00:31 PM »
Occasionally I find the parking sensors not activated, pressing the parking sensor switch has no effect until I turn the ignition off and then back on. Then everything works again. Has anyone else noticed similar behaviour?
No, never. Do you use the switch regularly? I've never touched mine.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
I have only switched my sensors off a couple of times. They switched on and off without an ignition off reset.

dogbiscuit

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC SE MT
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
I've only had the car for just over 4 weeks and I've noticed that they have switched themselves off on several occasions and refuse to switch back on without an ignition reset. Looks likes there's a fault somewhere. This is not the only issue I am having - the car has refused to start first time on 4 occasions - that's more than my Mk2 in 7 years of ownership!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »
I've only had the car for just over 4 weeks and I've noticed that they have switched themselves off on several occasions and refuse to switch back on without an ignition reset. Looks likes there's a fault somewhere. This is not the only issue I am having - the car has refused to start first time on 4 occasions - that's more than my Mk2 in 7 years of ownership!
Very annoying, I'm sure. I've had a few relatively minor issues over my two years of ownership. Nothing that prevented me driving but like you my previous models (Mk2 and Mk1 Sport) were flawless. It seems to me that moving production away from Swindon and relying on Japanese factories was a bad idea.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 05:51:21 PM »
I would rather have a Japanese built car every time, I remember British built cars, horrific build quality. The lunchtime beer cans disposed of in car voids.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 06:33:14 PM »
I would rather have a Japanese built car every time, I remember British built cars, horrific build quality. The lunchtime beer cans disposed of in car voids.

I would rather have a Japanese car built in UK. The bad cars built in UK many years ago were the product of bad design, bad systems and bad management. Nothing wrong with British workers, look at Toyota, and Nissan as well as Honda plants in UK. Japanese design and quality control make the difference, we also have world class suppliers in UK. A lot of UK workers thought they were 'getting back' at their terrible management by their petty acts but they were just putting their jobs in jeopardy.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

konkot78

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.5 2018 CVT
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 03:10:46 PM »

Hello, did you find a solution to this? My Jazz 2018 1.5 CVT and a second Jazz 2018 1.5 MT (a friend of mine) have the same issue. Once a month approximately without a warning, sensors are not activate after ignition. No effect if we press the button. We must switch off the engine and start again in order to work.

Happy new year
Greetings from Greece

SamJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:27:27 PM »
I've had my New Jazz Sport for about a week, already the Parking Sensor switch appears to be mis behaving. I can get it to work, sometimes just by pressing the button, but today, the lights would not come on unless I switched the car enging off, switched it back to the II position, then pressed the parking sensor switch and the light came on.
Seems to be working ok now even after a few journeys today, but in my experience so far it is likely to fail again.

Anyone had this issue and was it fixed by Honda under warranty. What was the solution ?

Thanks.

nrgmilano

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE CVT Mk3
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 05:06:16 AM »
My wife has been driving for more than two years before I found the parking densors switched off.tut tut women drivers. Apparently she never backs into a space lol

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 11:24:30 AM »
Ask you dealer as a 2018 vehicle still under warranty

Minidan

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 07:30:52 PM »
Hi,would anyone know what colour the front parking sensor wires are?Mines been pulled out and Im struggling to figure out how to rewire them now!I have some of the loom but have bought new sensors but not sure what wire goes where in the plug?
Thanks in advance

Tags:

anything