Author Topic: Panoramic Sunroof  (Read 4606 times)

MAZI

• Approved Member
Panoramic Sunroof
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
Does the MK3 not have a pan roof option?
Never seen one with it.
The MK2 EX had pan roof and it was a cool feature.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Panoramic Sunroof
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 08:49:42 PM »
Unfortunately no.
I was hoping that it was going to have one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:37:05 PM by trebor1652 »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
Great shame they discontinued this option.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 04:34:22 PM »
It added to the weight  = fuel so deleted to meet the new emissions whatever they are.
Better sun rood fitted to Mk 1 Jazz which opended .

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »
Two of my previous three cars had sunroofs but I didn't particularly like them. The Carlton didn't have air con so I occasionally tipped the sunroof, but I always kept the blind closed. The S40 I didn't even tip it, as the car had air con. I certainly wouldn't spec a car with a sunroof and I would never own a convertible.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 05:06:31 PM »
Another reason I updated to the HR-V  :)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
It added to the weight  = fuel so deleted to meet the new emissions whatever they are.
Better sun rood fitted to Mk 1 Jazz which opended .
Usually, talking about a low seller and low price model, the reason is:
Jazz assembled in Japan and shipped to Europe -> must reduce variants, so  not higly requested accessories are cut. Honda send only variants that can easily be sold, colours, accessories and powertrain configuration that have the lowest probability of remaining stored or unsold.
You can verify... Cars build in Europe (and sold in Europe) usually have many variants, can be configured as you like, while cars coming from other continents (Asia or USA and sold in Europe) have closed configurations with very small choice.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
Jazz assembled in Japan and shipped to Europe -> must reduce variants, so  not higly requested accessories are cut. Honda send only variants that can easily be sold, colours, accessories and powertrain configuration that have the lowest probability of remaining stored or unsold.
You can verify... Cars build in Europe (and sold in Europe) usually have many variants, can be configured as you like, while cars coming from other continents (Asia or USA and sold in Europe) have closed configurations with very small choice.

Yes, that's true, except sunroof was never an option (at least in UK) - it was standard depending on trim.

Certainly our grandkids love the the almost full glass roof on the mk2 Jazzes we have - and there's none of the hassle you get with rattles or leaks that other manufacturers suffer with opening panaormaic roofs.

I did wonder if, as suggested above, Honda deleted it on Jazz EX to encourage people who really wanted the glass roof to go for HR-V instead.  If so. hasn't been much success - while once very common, Jazz is diappearing around where I live and I can only recall seeing one HR-V and that was ages ago.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 12:06:13 AM »
Yes, that's true, except sunroof was never an option (at least in UK) - it was standard depending on trim.
Two different ways to present the same thing... Two trims, one with and the other without the open roof is the same of offering a single trim and the possibility of the optional open roof.
The important thing, for Honda, is how many people will order the open roof..
I did wonder if, as suggested above, Honda deleted it on Jazz EX to encourage people who really wanted the glass roof to go for HR-V instead.  If so. hasn't been much success - while once very common, Jazz is disappearing around where I live and I can only recall seeing one HR-V and that was ages ago.
Maybe, yes, could be. Japanese and american GKs can have the open roof, europeans can't.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »

Certainly our grandkids love the the almost full glass roof on the mk2 Jazzes we have - and there's none of the hassle you get with rattles or leaks that other manufacturers suffer with opening panaormaic roofs.

I did wonder if, as suggested above, Honda deleted it on Jazz EX to encourage people who really wanted the glass roof to go for HR-V instead.  If so. hasn't been much success - while once very common, Jazz is diappearing around where I live and I can only recall seeing one HR-V and that was ages ago.

Interesting. While I cannot comment on a relative basis over time, I am impressed by how many Jazz MK1 & MK2 models are still on the roads and in good nick which goes to show that Honda had a winning formula and the public recognised it. Win all round. If only the world was that simple....

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 11:20:05 AM »
There are dozens around me. Many older, and I have to say, in a lot better nick body/paint wise than mine! Don't see a lot of Mk3's, but Honda no longer have a dealership in the town, and in my experience, private buyers tend to purchase local. There are hundreds of new Suzuki and Kia cars in the town now to testify to that.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 12:06:49 PM »
There are dozens around me. Many older, and I have to say, in a lot better nick body/paint wise than mine!
There won't be many with a better shine than you've got.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »
Two different ways to present the same thing... Two trims, one with and the other without the open roof is the same of offering a single trim and the possibility of the optional open roof.

That would be correct if the only difference between the trims was the roof - on the later mk2's they did an ES Plus which I think pretty well was the EX without the roof.   On the mk1 however, there was a quite a difference in spec between the S and the SE, the latter having an opening roof as standard.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:20:00 PM by Rory »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 02:51:13 PM »
Interesting. While I cannot comment on a relative basis over time, I am impressed by how many Jazz MK1 & MK2 models are still on the roads and in good nick which goes to show that Honda had a winning formula and the public recognised it. Win all round. If only the world was that simple....
Jazz EU sales
http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/honda-jazz/

Comparison in the segment, first half 2019
http://carsalesbase.com/european-sales-2019-h1-subcompact-car-segment/#more-54281

The whole subcompact segment is losing points  against the small suv, but some models lose more than others.
Uk+IE is peculiar for Honda, about 33% of EUDM hondas have been sold there.
When I say that Jazz sales are now too low to have many variants and trims, I do it with this numbers in front of me. First two generations sold in EU were mainly built in Swindon (easier to handle variants), and sales were bigger. Now the Gk come from Japan, and you can read how many..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 02:56:37 PM by jazzaro »

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 04:28:02 PM »
The whole subcompact segment is losing points  against the small suv, but some models lose more than others.

They're trying to make the mk4 Jazz a bit SUV like.   Well, it's got roof rails and dark lower trim anyway.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:45:26 PM by Rory »

Tags:

anything