Author Topic: What to do - car coming to end of PCP  (Read 7110 times)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
Re: What to do - car coming to end of PCP
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2024, 08:19:49 PM »
Yep it is / was a great deal! I was lucky, as quite a few of us have been who purchased a Gen 4 Jazz in the earlyish days, because the new list price has gone through the roof, keeping 2nd hand values high. 

So my focus is really on what to do next, to make the most of it.  I'm nervous about keeping the Crosstar longer than 5 years, because of the complexity of the car, and really needing a warranty to mitigate exposure to potential big bills if something expensive fails.   :-\

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
Re: What to do - car coming to end of PCP
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2024, 09:38:26 PM »
I took out the 3 year, plus an extra 2 year warranty cover on purchase, and will change at 5 years if not before depending on the deal, and also the hope that the next Jazz Mk 5 is a hybrid. If not I would buy another one of the current model, which although my wife’s , I love driving.
I think irrespective of 5 year warranty you should be good, with yours for another 2 years. You would have to be extremely unlucky to cop for a big bill, other than servicing. I also took out the 5 year service plan so again am good until it runs out. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Tags: