Author Topic: Driver’s seat wear  (Read 14506 times)

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
Re: Driver’s seat wear
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2023, 07:54:42 AM »
I'm from Italy and I have the 8 year warranty too.
I had no issues in having the seat cushion replaced, I just went to the dealer, have them looking the seat, and then they got the ok from Honda in 1 day.
The seat arrived a couple of weeks later, I left the car for one day to have it replaced.
So far everything looks even better after 1 year.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2023, 08:22:51 AM »
Good to know Honda do realise there is a problem
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2023, 10:26:13 AM »
So what do they actually change?  The whole seat, just a seat base, or just some reupholstering.   ? Do they do both seats?

My point is, are replaced drivers seat frames with height adjustment mechanism  going into landfill  in RHD  Uk and LHD Europe  when there are customers who might be prepared to pay to have them shipped to countries where they could be rebuilt as an adjustable passenger seat. ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:28:11 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
They changed just the seat base, understandable as changing the whole seat will imply also replacing the central airbag, and I guess much more expensive for Honda.

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2023, 07:45:25 PM »
I'm from Italy and I have the 8 year warranty too.
I had no issues in having the seat cushion replaced, I just went to the dealer, have them looking the seat, and then they got the ok from Honda in 1 day.
The seat arrived a couple of weeks later, I left the car for one day to have it replaced.
So far everything looks even better after 1 year.

HI,
I went to the workshop today, but unfortunately with the fact that it is a holiday here in Italy, they only gave me an appointment to return on May 4th.
I'll let you know what they tell me

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2023, 02:34:06 PM »
Hi everyone,
I took the car to the workshop today and they recognized the damage under warranty,
Now the new seat cover has been ordered and when it arrives they call me to do the replacement job.
The thing that has me puzzled is the warranty,
that is, I was told that the work is done under warranty because the car still has its original warranty, while the 8-year extension does not cover the interior of the car.
I was surprised by this statement.

Shiplake

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2015 and 2020hybrid
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2024, 05:35:50 PM »
My driver’s side seat squab leatherette side has cracked, exposing the white inner material. The cracking appears to correspond to the area that creases when compressed.
Car is only 1 year old but 24k miles. I’m not a heavy or large person, no physical abrasion as on outer edge of seat, no cleaning products used and never experienced this issue with my previous cars  at later age and higher mileage.
Has anyone else the same issue? Dealer have taken photos and contacting Honda, so await outcome.

Me too.

Tags:

anything