Author Topic: Test Drives  (Read 640 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
Test Drives
« on: July 11, 2020, 11:01:12 AM »
Been taking advantage of the new rules garages are adopting on new car test drives. Am thinking of changing the Jazz, so thought i'd try a few i thought might be OK. Had a go in a Q2 1.5...felt claustrophobic, tried the New Seat leon, goes like the clappers, but came away thinking, 'well. not really' Tried a Golf GTi, was quite impressed with everything, but thought after, i'd dread leaving it anywhere.
Conclusion:The 1.5 Turbo engines are fantastic, and great MPG..........But i just can't commit, so will probably do nothing!!!!

However, its great not having the salesman next to you.

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
Re: Test Drives
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
Been taking advantage of the new rules garages are adopting on new car test drives. Am thinking of changing the Jazz, so thought i'd try a few i thought might be OK. Had a go in a Q2 1.5...felt claustrophobic, tried the New Seat leon, goes like the clappers, but came away thinking, 'well. not really' Tried a Golf GTi, was quite impressed with everything, but thought after, i'd dread leaving it anywhere.
Conclusion:The 1.5 Turbo engines are fantastic, and great MPG..........But i just can't commit, so will probably do nothing!!!!

Until a couple of weeks ago we had a brace of excellent Jazz's, my self-owned 2099 EX I-shift with 81,000 on the clock (bought four years ago) and my wife's 2017 leased EX-Navi CVT with 42,000 miles recorded. When, last autumn, it was time for my wife's example to be replaced we decided on a new Toyota Corolla self-charging Hybrid for delivery on 1 March. Coronavirus meant that this was postponed and it finally arrived on 29 June. And so far..so good. It's the 1.8 CVT and is a lovely car to drive, loaded with gizmos and looks like it'll average around 60mpg. If we were doing it now, we'd look at the Jazz hybrid but I may look at replacing my car during the coming year and that'll be an option, as will be the Hyundai Ionic Premium self-charging Hybrid which I have driven   and loved.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Test Drives
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:31:03 AM »

I see the new Seat Leon as migrated most functions to a touchscreen. That would be a deal breaker for me.

My local Honda dealer used to years ago let me take a test drive without a salesman, even back when I was under 25. I queried this with him and he said the only restriction was that under 25s must be accompanied with the Civic Type R. Even as recent as the MK2's introduction I was allowed an uncompanied test drive, but don't think that's the case in recent years though.

Tags:

anything