Author Topic: air recirculation  (Read 3633 times)

guest5251

air recirculation
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:57:01 AM »
everytime i get into the jazz i find the re-circulation orange light is on and the green fresh air is off,my partner says she didn't turn the re-circulation feature on ,is this the normal setting for this car or is there a way to set up the ventilation system so the fresh air is the default setting.
(this isn't my car its hers)

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: air recirculation
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »
Mine does this too sometimes when on auto climate and in eco mode. I assumed it was the hybrid computer keeping the aircon drain as low as possible.
I do use the eco button but keep the aircon on manual, when it more or less does as it is told, but it has still happend a couple of times, when we had a couple of sunny days earlier in the month.

tonytan

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:05:36 PM »
If temperature is set to minimum on auto air con it will default to recirculating mode the idea is to get the interior temperature in the cabin down in the quickest possible time.You will then have to reset it manually to fresh air position whereas if the temp was set to say between 18-21 centigrade then the fresh/recirc button will remain at the last set position.

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:53:03 PM »
everytime i get into the jazz i find the re-circulation orange light is on and the green fresh air is off,my partner says she didn't turn the re-circulation feature on ,is this the normal setting for this car or is there a way to set up the ventilation system so the fresh air is the default setting.
(this isn't my car its hers)

I queried this with my local Honda dealer who confirmed: Yes it is a completely normal operation in Auto air con.

In Auto the lights do switch from green to brown without human intervention and do go to green again from brown when appropriate. The lights do not switch very often but occasionally - probably weather dependent.

The dealer said just leave it in Auto.

I have done and it all works brilliantly with no human fiddling about.

I have decided this car is much much cleverer than I am..............

Tags:

anything