Author Topic: Anyone got a Hybrid?  (Read 43985 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Anyone got a Hybrid?
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
As I have already mentioned, I have ordered a Jazz Hybrid.

There doesn't seem to be any mention of members already owning Hybrids, so are there any Hybrid owners out there?

As I tend to do quite high mileage, around 25k a year, I think I will try and keep a blog as to how ownership goes, as long as no-one objects.

Maybe set up a new board for Hybrid owners  :o :o

Ozzie  :P

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Anyone got a Hybrid?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »
If Hybrid membership picks up I'll add a Hybrid sub-forum.

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
OK . . . I think it might be a long wait, as the posts that I have read so far seem to think that the extra £1500 purchase price is not justified. Can I suggest that if anyone is contemplating an auto Jazz drive the petrol and hybrid version one after the other, to me its £1500 well invested.

Oz

guest1385

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
I got the HX Hybrid yesterday.  So far very pleased, but only got 50 miles on the clock.  I am taking it away on holiday to Guernsey, which will give it a good run.  Will keep posted how I get on.

Aitcho

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »
I look forward to the experiences of owners of the Honda Jazz Hybrid and running costs it should be interesting.

The cost of replacement batteries would be the greatest concern, although I would think most owners would have sold or part-exchanged the vehicle before this was necessary but do wonder how this would affect secondhand prices.

Aitcho

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
I was told that Honda are now on their fifth generation of hybrid engines, and batteries. They say they have Insights with 80,000 miles on the clock still running strong on their original batteries. It could be sales talk, but the batteries come with 5 years warranty, so I should have an idea by then as to what is going on with the car by then.

My cars are tools of the trade, not my pride and joy, so they are purchased to perform a job, and will have a hard life. In the past several cars have not withstood the punishment that learners have given them . . . lets hope Hondas are up to the task.

Oz

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
I've spotted two Hybrids in the past week.

One green and one white

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:15 AM »
I still have only seen them at the dealerships, maybe theres some potential owners awaiting the new reg delivery, like me.

Oz

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
White one spotted again....A22 Uckfield, GU11 I think.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »
i think they are as rare as my 1.2 new 2012 shape, i have only seen two 2012 both were 1.4 and one had dealer stickers all over it

guest1385

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
I got the HX Hybrid yesterday.  So far very pleased, but only got 50 miles on the clock.  I am taking it away on holiday to Guernsey, which will give it a good run.  Will keep posted how I get on.
Hybrid did a great run to Guernsey, it was admired and I could have sold it twice.  Now with 900 miles on the clock I have managed 59.8 mpg.  A very comfortable ride,

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 06:02:06 PM »
I have just got home after taking my Hybrid HS on a 1500 mile trip from southern England, around Scotland and home again. 1571 miles using 108.54 litres = 65.4 MPG (the computer averaged 68.5 MPG so about 4% high). I achieved that using a relatively frugal driving style and rarely exceeding 60 MPH and I avoided motorways where there were easy alternatives. 'A' road driving with ups and downs and bends is where the hybrid system should excel. I suspect that I will only improve on this MPG if the engine loosens up substantially with use.

The journey included the A939 / A93 on the east side of the Cairngorms so I was able to see how the hybrid system handled a long hill (there are several on that road). The answer is interesting: When the car thinks it has discharged the battery enough then it starts charging it again, even if still going uphill! At no point did the battery gauge drop below 50% so it appears that half the capacity is not being used. I have to assume that this is being reserved for when the battery starts to lose capacity but I wonder why Honda couldn't get the gauge to display only the working range.

In general the car ran very smoothly. I haven't driven the non-hybrid CVT version to know whether the IMA further improves the smoothness. There were a few occasions when I used the left paddle shifter to get the engine to drop a gear when hill climbing. The ride quality was usually good but one can feel patched roads while concrete surfaces tend to be noisy.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
Saw a Hybrid 11 plate parked in town over the weekend- with leather.

I only had a quick glimpse as I passed but was shocked to see how badly the leather had "sagged" on the driver seat  :o  definitely didnt look right ??!??!

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »
If Hybrid membership picks up I'll add a Hybrid sub-forum.
and indeed we do . .  Thanks  ;D ;D

guest2676

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
After a longer wait than expected, I got my HS on Saturday. So far, so good! Will comment further after I've driven it a bit more  :D

Tags: