Author Topic: Crosstar v HrV  (Read 11841 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Crosstar v HrV
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2023, 08:30:56 AM »
I read somewhere that driving with fingers either side of a steering wheel spoke is dangerous so having 4 placed in inconvenient spaces sounds uncomfy
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2023, 08:55:03 AM »
I read somewhere that driving with fingers either side of a steering wheel spoke is dangerous so having 4 placed in inconvenient spaces sounds uncomfy
?

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2023, 10:03:57 AM »
[quote author=1KPI link=topic=16242.msg137967#msg137967 date=169849806

HrV forum moribund compared to the Jazz forum
Insurance almost has doubled but not entirely due to the higher insurance group
Previously paying £230 now £440.Unquote.

HR-V forum which One? The one I use is https://www.hondaforums.co.uk/search.php?search_id=active_topics
And I agree, not that busy re HR-Vs, probably because they haven't sold that many? Also it transmogrified from being the HR-V forum to a general Honda forum. There may be more active HR-V fora around, have a 'Google'.

INSURANCE,
I obviously am not aware of your personal circumstances, but I was 76 when I owned my HR-V  so my insurance is higher than someone in middle age. Mine cost me £328 fully comp. when I changed to the CR-V it was only a group 28 and the insurance went UP to £338 Work that out if you can!
I now own a 2021 eNiro full EV and I received a REFUND of £27 for the year over the CR-V. Again work that out.
If I were you I would do some serious research and try and find cheaper. I always insure with AVIVA and have given up searching at renewal, because no decent insurance company ever beats them for my age and use. 
The b8ggers make it up as they go along I think.
Having gone full EV, I cannot imagine myself EVER going back to any form of ICE. 316 miles on a full charge costing me £13.00 I drive past filling stations and  :P!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:09:48 AM by Karoq »
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

1KPI

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: HRV Advanced Style Sunlight White Pearl 2 Tone
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 12:19:36 PM »
Thanks for your post Karoq.
Re insurance we started going through the comparison sites some 3 weeks before it was due & the price we are paying was the best we could come up with, although to be fair Aviva was not on the list.I will bear it in mind for next year, thanks for your helpful advice.
You did very well for your quote on the Niro especially as increased insurance costs have risen exponentially this year due, in part, to the high cost of repairing electric cars.
Karoq, HR-V, Cr-V & Niro since January 22! You don’t road test for What Car by any chance!? I’m only up to 3 Hondas somewhat shy of your 7
Joking aside it’s great that you’ve settled on a car which suits your own circumstances and needs.A situation that some earlier posters seem unable to recognise.Similarly, hopefully in the manner of my 2 latest posts, it’s always helpful and welcome to receive some constructive comments & advice
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 12:24:00 PM by 1KPI »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2023, 12:41:10 PM »
...Did the 'kick' tailgate opening get culled for the 2023 models?

1KPI

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: HRV Advanced Style Sunlight White Pearl 2 Tone
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2023, 01:11:08 PM »
No longer showing on current website so presume not present

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2023, 01:16:22 PM »
...Must still be having 'chip' shortages or they just couldn't be bothered to reinstate it!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2023, 06:29:43 PM »
Sounds like saving pennies... :(
If nothing goes right, go left!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2023, 07:13:56 PM »
My observations based on changing from a 2020 Crosstar to a 2022 HR-V (Elegance) 13 months ago.

1. The HR-V is more pleasant to drive, both due to better ride comfort (despite the big wheels with low profile tyres) and a more refined power system utilising 2 years more development.
2. My daughter got car sick in the back of the Crosstar which she blamed on unsupportive seats (the tinted glass won't have helped) but has been happy in the HR-V on the same journey.
3. Honda's specs suggest the HR-V's boot is only slightly bigger than the Crosstar's boot but the reality is the HR-V has much more space (which was one reason for the vehicle change). The folding cover is also very useful.
Over a full year my HR-V has delivered about 12% lower mpg than the Crosstar for similar driving conditions. This difference is in line with what I calculated using the WLTP data for both vehicles. The mpg of both vehicles drops drastically during the winter months and both suffer a substantial reduction in mpg when driving over 60 mph.
4. RDMS on the HR-V is much less intrusive (I think this change has also been applied to the 2023 Jazz).
5. The HR-V's HV battery has 25% more capacity which contributes towards the improved driving experience and I haven't had the vehicle engaging engine braking when going down a long hill in B mode.
6. The HR-V has paddles to control the level of regeneration when driving in D. I tried them once and found them to be a PITA gimmick and switched to the B mode which I also used with the Crosstar.
7. When I changed vehicle last year the additional insurance premium was negligible. It has, however, gone up significantly this year.
8. I don't like the HR-V's extra width when on narrower UK roads. I'd like the Mk 3 HR-V drivetrain in the Mk 2 HR-V bodyshell!

At the moment I expect to keep the HR-V until the 5 year service plan and warranty expire at which time I'll consider getting an EV.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything