Author Topic: Service Reminder is on. For how long can I use the car safely?  (Read 3191 times)

thealpinejazzowner

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Hello everybody,

My first post here. Thanks for the great source of information.

So last week this "car pointing to the wrench" symbol appeared on my dashboard. In my previous car, the symbol also showed how many kilometres remaining until the proposed service milestone, and disappeared a while after starting. This one, however, a Jazz Hybrid, doesn't show any extra information, and also doesn't go away.

So my first question is, is this normal behaviour of the service reminder in Honda Jazz? Do I need to worry?

And then how much can I use the car before the service is done? I haven't found a service appointment for this week. Is there any risk in driving the car for, say, 100Km, with the service indicator on?

Many thanks.

hemming

• Approved Member
Re: Service Reminder is on. For how long can I use the car safely?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I cannot speak about whether the icon will remain on with the Hybrid specifically if it just a regular service due reminder. However, I am sure that, if that's all it is, there is no need to worry about the odd 100km here or there.
If there is any doubt whether the symbol relates to a fault speak to your dealer, confirm what they advise by email to get it on the record and get if looked at as quickly as they advise.

thealpinejazzowner

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
Thanks. Does the reminder persist in your car? (Do you have a Jazz?)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 04:50:45 PM »
Service lights can be time or mileage triggered, they normally come on 2 weeks or 1000 miles before a service is due and then show "Service -100 miles" when you pass the due mileage, or -4000 miles in the case of my cars last CVT fluid change. However we now have CVT fluid and Service dates aligned.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 06:46:09 PM »
Have the Service Reminder system cancelled and then you can use the 'old fashioned' system of having your car serviced every 12 months or 12500 miles whichever comes first.

Vic.

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 06:48:51 PM »
Have the Service Reminder system cancelled and then you can use the 'old fashioned' system of having your car serviced every 12 months or 12500 miles whichever comes first.

Vic.

I think a lot of dealers have decided the same, and that the system causes more trouble than it is worth. Both my Mk3 and Mk2 had the system turned by the dealer before delivery. I don't know whether my wife's Mk1 ever had it. It hasn't now.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 08:09:58 PM »
My Mk 1 doesn't have a service light.

Tags: