Author Topic: passenger side knock noise  (Read 990 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
passenger side knock noise
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »
anyone else have a knock noise on the passenger side when you driving around on normal roads that i thought was the rear magic seat not down properly but i think it is comming from the seat belt area

cant seem to find it as the centre plastic piece on the inside b pilar with the seat belt attached moves the same as the drivers side when you push it in

no noticable difference that is jumping out at me

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: passenger side knock noise
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
Is the noise still there when there is someone in the front passenger seat with the seat belt on?
A known source of a similar noise occurs when the passenger seat is empty, the seat belt end hanging down from the 'B' pillar knocks on the 'B' pillar.
It can be stopped by repositioning the seat belt.

Vic.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:49:11 PM »
thanks, i dont really notice it when there is someone in the passenger seat, i will listen tomorrow

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 08:16:31 AM »
thanks, i dont really notice it when there is someone in the passenger seat, i will listen tomorrow
You don't need someone in the passenger seat, just fasten the seat belt.

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »
anyone else have a knock noise on the passenger side when you driving around on normal roads that i thought was the rear magic seat not down properly but i think it is comming from the seat belt area

cant seem to find it as the centre plastic piece on the inside b pilar with the seat belt attached moves the same as the drivers side when you push it in

no noticable difference that is jumping out at me
I have had an issue with a creaking noise on my rear door, if I pressed the outside top of the door had the same noise, took it to dealer and can you believe we looked at another jazz and did the same, fault comes and goes..

Tags:

anything