Author Topic: Honda assist  (Read 1491 times)

Roddy0000

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Honda jazz my 3 CVT
Honda assist
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:41:39 PM »
Hi, got Honda assist for Honda jazz. 3 yr. warranty about to run out. Will be asking for dealer to extend. Does anyone know what the original Honda assist covers and will the 4th year cover be the same. Ty

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Honda assist
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 07:51:11 PM »
yes its the same as the first 3 years

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 09:00:40 AM »

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 02:33:05 PM »
There are two levels of cover. The 'complimentary' Honda Assist cover does not include 'Recovery Plus' or European cover.

The warranty period scheme is available for new cars up 3 years, and Honda Approved used cars up to 4 years.

The terms & conditions for each scheme is here:

Warranty period cover - https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/en_gb/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance/_jcr_content/par1/richtextcolumn_988c/par/richtextdownload_608/file.res/Hondacare%20Assistance%20(Within%20Manufacturer's%20Warranty%20Period)%20Car.pdf

Complimentary cover - https://www.honda.co.uk/content/honda/en_gb/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance/_jcr_content/par1/richtextcolumn_988c/par/richtextdownload_26d/file.res/Complimentary%20Roadside%20Assistance%20Car.pdf

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance.html
Ty. Very helpful. What does recovery plus include?   Ty
Looks like they both inc home start which is a plus.

guest4871

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 04:15:41 PM »
This seems to vary a little depending on the source and the time and possibly by dealer.

I have, in the last week, been given this as part of a standard offer mentioned in the reminder letter from the Honda dealer when the car was to be serviced. If you are coming to the end of a Honda care/ service plan do ask for it. They may just overlook offering it. Ask also to see the wording.

Mine was part of a standard Honda 12 or 12+ service offering. It is shown on my invoice as "Complimentary 12 months AA cover (£0)". The Plan Type is: Honda Roadside Assistance. The terms and conditions are attached below.

I queried with the dealer that "Home" was not shown in the Terms and Conditions and the Customer Services manager said it is included but the wording was slightly different to the standard AA offering. It is - in that there is no 1/4 mile limitation on Roadside Assistance or Recovery. In fact the wording is surprisingly loose. In AA terms their vans equal Roadside Assistance and their transporters equal Recovery.

I decided to check that "Home" was included and rang the breakdown call centre number which went through to AA. The operator checked on her screen and confirmed that the car is covered for Home, Roadside Assistance and Recovery. (I did not ask about Recovery Plus which I believe covers your onward travel costs if the car is immobilised).

If you have any queries, why not telephone the Hondacare customer services line on 0330 100 3406?

Do ask the dealer to initiate the plan or at least discuss it all with them. They are there to serve you!

PS The text in the attachment is different to the links above. This might be because there are different plans for different dealers. Also Europe is not mentioned. If that is important to you, you ought to check with Hondacare.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 06:26:40 PM »
This seems to vary a little depending on the source and the time and possibly by dealer.

I have, in the last week, been given this as part of a standard offer mentioned in the reminder letter from the Honda dealer when the car was to be serviced. If you are coming to the end of a Honda care/ service plan do ask for it. They may just overlook offering it. Ask also to see the wording.

Mine was part of a standard Honda 12 or 12+ service offering. It is shown on my invoice as "Complimentary 12 months AA cover (£0)". The Plan Type is: Honda Roadside Assistance. The terms and conditions are attached below.

I queried with the dealer that "Home" was not shown in the Terms and Conditions and the Customer Services manager said it is included but the wording was slightly different to the standard AA offering. It is - in that there is no 1/4 mile limitation on Roadside Assistance or Recovery. In fact the wording is surprisingly loose. In AA terms their vans equal Roadside Assistance and their transporters equal Recovery.

I decided to check that "Home" was included and rang the breakdown call centre number which went through to AA. The operator checked on her screen and confirmed that the car is covered for Home, Roadside Assistance and Recovery. (I did not ask about Recovery Plus which I believe covers your onward travel costs if the car is immobilised).

If you have any queries, why not telephone the Hondacare customer services line on 0330 100 3406?

Do ask the dealer to initiate the plan or at least discuss it all with them. They are there to serve you!

PS The text in the attachment is different to the links above. This might be because there are different plans for different dealers. Also Europe is not mentioned. If that is important to you, you ought to check with Hondacare.
Ty very helpful. Was a bit word crazed with the 26 pages of details.  Will check with dealership when comes to end of 3 yr cover for home start and recovery, guess this would be to the nearest garage and not offering to get you home service, wondering whether recovery plus could be added at a cost of course.

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 07:43:53 PM »
Ty very helpful. Was a bit word crazed with the 26 pages of details. 

I think you might have missed the link to the attachment at the bottom of my post? Just click on it. It is only 3 pages.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 11:25:12 PM »
The text in the attachment is different to the links above. This might be because there are different plans for different dealers. Also Europe is not mentioned. If that is important to you, you ought to check with Hondacare.

Europe is not mentioned on the complimentary cover because it is not included. As you say, the only other difference is the 'Recovery Plus' - onward travel costs, overnight accomodation or replacement vehicle, none of which is included. Otherwise, the two schemes seem to be exactly the same, and both include homestart.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »
If you are coming to the end of a Honda care/ service plan do ask for it. They may just overlook offering it.

That was the point we got into difficulty with daughter's 2014 Jazz - car had 5yr service / 5yr warranty / 5 year assistance.   At the 5th year service they pointed out the Assistance would cease but refused the complimentary renewal.  They said the only way to renew it wa sto take another service package.

I spoke to the dealer and got same answer.  Tried Honda UK - no response.  Chased them and they said they were very busy and would get back to me in two weeks.  Never did.  Daughter bought cover elsewhere and car won't be going to the dealer in future and it's most unlikely we'll buy another Honda as that's by no means the only poor customer service issue we;ve had.

Roddy0000

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 06:59:49 PM »
Ty very helpful. Was a bit word crazed with the 26 pages of details. 

I think you might have missed the link to the attachment at the bottom of my post? Just click on it. It is only 3 pages.
I did ty. Very helpful. 

Tags: