Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: replacement fuse also blows
« Last post by HertsHonda on March 01, 2024, 10:59:23 PM »
@miagdude

Pleased to hear problem solved! Congrats.
IMHO Progressive removal of components and adding new of known quality usually works.
Hybrid / Re: When driving in S mode speed only goes up to M3
« Last post by Jazzfan49 on March 01, 2024, 10:32:04 PM »
Hi Iím not sure about the Malaysian version but Honda have used both 3 and 7 transmission steps in cvt gearboxes over the years, I believe it depends on the year of production and the market they are sold in, some have 1.3L or 1.5L engines, Iíve owned a 1.3 mk1 cvt model but canít recall if it had 3 steps or not in S mode, as itís a lower gear ratio for hills and acceleration plus deceleration from memory the top speed in S was around 60mph (100kmh) so if yours does that sort of speed then 3 steps is possibly correct, if much less than that it might be a transmission problem.
Hope this helps you  ;D ;D
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Whatcar Car of the Year 2024
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on March 01, 2024, 10:27:24 PM »
I have tested a hybrid Yaris cross and it does lack the smoothness of the jazz -but hard to quantify as to why ! In the jazz setting off , cruising then slowing braking and accelerating off again is seamless . There is no drive train slack whatsoever and believe the lack of a conventional gearbox plays a significant part. Maybe Hondas configuration is a result of its F1 hybrid engineering program as differs subtlety from Toyota solutions . In any case I would opt for either manufacture compared to a non hybrid or the inept Mild hybrid marketing offered by others who lack decades of hybrid history!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on March 01, 2024, 10:05:51 PM »
My SR doesnít have heated seats or steering wheel . Previous week done 350 Mile trip across Derbyshire and Lancashire in weekend returning right across M62 on mon 35 min commute to work 2x daily . So no difference to my driving style . Generally donít do short journeys . The 12 v battery hasnít gone flat the dealer checked that first and itís normal .
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Car Insurance
« Last post by Kenneve on March 01, 2024, 08:29:18 PM »
Checked this morning with the Meerkats, the cheapest quote was £1833 with RAC, but still almost 3 times what I paid last year. The only difference is I'm 1 year older and the Reg No on the car has changed (though still the same model)
Someone suggested going via a broker, might be a good idea, there are a couple locally and maybe a face to face contact might be better.
The insurance is not due until the end of March, so there is still time for some sanity to return! :-X

Received my renewal quote today from my current insurers.
The quote has gone up 33% compared to last year, to circa £1150, no change to details, just 1 year older. (87).
Checked again with several comparison sites (including the Meerkats). the cheapest quote is now over £2000, so it looks as though I will be staying with my existing company, although I have yet to investigate going through a broker. Watch this space!!!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: replacement fuse also blows - resolved
« Last post by miagdude on March 01, 2024, 07:51:30 PM »
Hi folks, have finally worked out that the 3-in-1 adapter/splitter which is a push-fit into my cigarette lighter and powers my SAT-NAV and DAB radio is the problem. When its removed, and replaced with another splitter, there is no issue. Its only taken me 4 blown fuses to get to this point. good thing they are as cheap as chips. A setup which has worked without any issue for at least 2 years suddenly goes on the blink.  These non-moving part setups should work forever. ;D  Thanks again for hearing me out. It might be sometime before my Jazz plays up again.

« Last post by coldstart on March 01, 2024, 07:43:10 PM »
I agree that Honda's system is very elaborate and provides an extremely smooth ride (that's one point why I bought a Honda instead of a Toyota).

If you are looking for sheer fuel efficency the Toyotas seem to perform slightly better.
I for one wouldn't want to trade the Honda's smoothness of ride against a few MPG more.
« Last post by coldstart on March 01, 2024, 07:34:36 PM »
So the Honda dealer has enlisted Honda technical support as the 12v battery is charged and is receiving charge . Car has no error codes. Canít find software gremlin so the puzzle continues !
hmm - what was your driving-pattern in the days (or weeks) before the incident?

If you were doing just shorter trips with e.g. heated seat(s) and steering wheel it is possible that the driving time just wasn't sufficient for the system to properly recharge the 12V battery.

just my 2Á

Addendum for clarification
These systems work "degressively", meaning: They consume a lot of power at the beginning in order to provide the requested comfort quickly and then use only a little to maintain it.
If you are doing only shorter trips, you never really get out of the high drain phase where the drain probaly exceeds the recharge rate.
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on March 01, 2024, 07:21:38 PM »
If you view the Weber state university u tube videos on both Toyota and Honda hybrid system they are very similar . Arguably Hondas using a compact multiplate clutch gives a more elegent solution to using the ICE power directly than Toyotas plantery gear ring . Both iMHO are more advanced than Nissan full hybrid which only ever propels the car using the electric motor 100% of the time . Other hybrids have the electric motor stuck in the engine gearbox drive train  losing efficiency by using a gearbox with shifting gears
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on March 01, 2024, 07:10:47 PM »
So the Honda dealer has enlisted Honda technical support as the 12v battery is charged and is receiving charge . Car has no error codes. Canít find software gremlin so the puzzle continues !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything