Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: New wheel
« Last post by chrisv on May 23, 2024, 10:09:08 AM »
Hi,
Local dealer said the wheel can be purchased from honda and has them in stock, £460, I laughed
An oddity. There is a junction I regularly use, a traffic lighted crossroads at a busy junction. This particular route for me involves a right turn, generally using a filtered light at some point. If I get to the lights at the front of the queue and am at the red, the front sensors go barmy! There is a pedestrian protection barrier to my right approx 3' from my side, nothing in front or to my left.. yet the sensor goes red and starts beeping.
Only at this junction do I experience it, no other.
Nicksey. I think your case may be because those traffic lights uses LED bulbs.  I think led's actually pulsate at a set frequency which the human brain interprets as a constant light,  but dashcams sometimes record them as flashing lights  because it interferes with their own sampling frequency.  I might be wrong but I vaguely recall this could also affect the signals sent out and received by parking sensors. Or if its not the led's maybe the traffic lights communicate with each other using wireless signals  . Parking sensors can sometimes be confused by signals from other cars. 

Hebden  .Have you checked the sensor is clean.  I get bug splats of various  colours and hues from white to black  . If its a close  match to your car colour it may not be obvious.
There are two key things to  do (and any competent garage would do them)
Clean EGR valve
Clean MAF/MAP sensor

Neither gives error codes but if dirty will give fuelling issues.

This is basic grade 1 mechanics: your garage are incompetent,

The above are easy to do so cheap.
Then at the mileage the valve clearances may have narrowed so check and adjust,   - can call hesitation at low speeds but no codes.  Takes  time so ££s

Check the PCV valve. Easy.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by GBH on May 23, 2024, 08:40:11 AM »
The battery condition is a good call, but having paid £400 to a main dealer I would expect such things to have been checked. My son has a Volvo with stop/start and had recently had to pay for new batteries as the stop/start stopped working, however he needs to go on regular trips to keep the batteries topped up but at least he has a 12 month warranty on the batteries.

The two times I have had electrical problems have been where the cars have been fitted with aftermarket alarm systems that caused,seemingly, random problems from the alarm going off and waking the neighbours in the night to random non-starting at extremely inconvenient times.
An oddity. There is a junction I regularly use, a traffic lighted crossroads at a busy junction. This particular route for me involves a right turn, generally using a filtered light at some point. If I get to the lights at the front of the queue and am at the red, the front sensors go barmy! There is a pedestrian protection barrier to my right approx 3' from my side, nothing in front or to my left.. yet the sensor goes red and starts beeping.
Only at this junction do I experience it, no other.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by Haz on May 23, 2024, 07:16:03 AM »
It has done 150,000. I have changed fluids recently but fluids haven’t been changed for a while before that.
Not much really other than hesitant on pulling off, car takes a while before it decides to move.
Diagnostic was done in garage and they couldn’t find anything.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 2016 honda jazz paintwork
« Last post by olduser1 on May 23, 2024, 06:36:26 AM »
Di you like the Jazz, if so always that is Always have a used car checked eg vehicle score before thinking of buying.
Any Honda of the age you thinking of can be a great car and remember it's all about condition. 7 out of 10 bargains have a story but it's best to research first. Go to your local auction listen to what used are fetching then test drive a couple of Jazz . You bound to locate a car you like happy hunting.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda jazz 2007 automatic idle to drive problems
« Last post by olduser1 on May 23, 2024, 06:30:53 AM »
The forum will help with more info, how many miles since these issues arise?
What happened immediately before this problem?
How long owned last serviced by garage?
Stop spending £ get a local trade block diagnostic check to provide data.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by Toptek on May 22, 2024, 09:47:07 PM »
We had a similar issue with an elderly CRV. I never got to the bottom of it and eventually removed the siren from the back of the car.
Potential solutions was a new car battery if old and ensure it is charged, we did similar driving for several years beforehand so not sure if it was the issue. The second potential issue was parasitic drain of the siren batteries due to their age which may have been the issue, combined with the short trips to work having an impact on the main battery.
We did change the main battery but the short trips to work persisted.
Sorry for the rambling...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / LEFT AND FORWARD COLLISION WARNINGS SUDDENLY very active
« Last post by Hebden on May 22, 2024, 09:40:54 PM »
Today, for the first time have had multiple red collision and P warnings on the left and front. Having read through the manual these are definitely parking sensor warnings. Nothing really to cause this.  Is it likely to be a camera or sensor fault or is there a recall of some kind out? Also wondering if anything has accidentally been adjusted or reset.  We usually set off with the forward white line crossing turned off.  Appreciate advice.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]