Author Topic: HRV SPARE WHEEL  (Read 19602 times)

guest5208

HRV SPARE WHEEL
« on: December 23, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
Being "old school" I have always preferred a spare wheel to a tin of gunge.
However I am informed the Honda Compact wheel for the HRV will not be available until next year.
Should I wait until then or should I go ahead and buy an alternative full size wheel from somewhere else?
Any ideas? 

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: HRV SPARE WHEEL
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
We Jazz Mk 3 owners have had similar problems as discussed in this thread http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7501.0.

I've checked the Cox Motor Parts site and they have an HRV space saver http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-hrv-space-saver-spare-wheel2016-p-5169.html.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »
How come they have them and yet other Honda dealers do not?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
I wonder if it's a genuine Honda space saver of the right size although not specifically for the new HRV.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
It's a fundamental decision not to fit EU models with a spare, as there is no bolt hole in the well to secure the wheel either. US and Australian models have the wheel and mount as standard.

Alternatives:
# A Civic s/s rim is the same size, but the tyre for an HR-V is larger*,  i.e. Continental CST-17 T135/90 R16 102M as fitted in other territories (about £70).  This is what is being made up by Cox and others. 

# There is an exact match from certain Mitsubishi cars such as the Grandis, but the centre bore is 67.1mm v 64.1mm for the HRV, so would require spigot rings as well (+£10 set of 4, send other 3 to members on here?)

Official kits might be available in the spring, but the lack of a secure fixing point may leave dealers unwilling to supply loose wheels, and might be annoying over speed bumps.

* HR-V T135/90 R16  dia 649mm
* Civic T135/80 R16  dia 622mm

Here's the quote from the Honda internal messaging:
New Jazz and HRV, Temporary Wheel kit Availability

1) Jazz 2015
Partn*: 06421 TAR E02 ( 15 inch-wheel)
Partn*: 06421 TAR E12ZA (16 inch-wheel)
Still B/O occuring due to the fact that not all components are available yet in Japan.
During November, January and February limited qty/s will arrive, that will be enough to cover current B/O and some (limited) additional demand.
Full availability is only expected by March/April (but not yet confirmed)
Orders keep on being accepted and registered as normal.
Request to market;
Due to limited still supply in next months, pls do not take any action to stimulate or promote the sales of these temp wheel kits till further notice (* full availability)

2) HRV
Countermeasures still ongoing.
Local alternative under development with HME Technical Service / not all parts needed for test are available yet
Long term & structural solution being developped with Japan
Hi ###

I'm afraid I don't have good news.

At present, there is no spare wheel available for HR-V and unfortunately, the issue is with the car itself rather than parts supply.

On European spec models, the requisite bolt hole to secure the wheel is not present which is why no spare wheel kit has been created.

Honda Motor Europe are urgently investigating a countermeasure for this, but it's not clear at this stage how long this will take, or indeed if a retrospective solution is even possible.

We are liaising directly with them on a regular basis but that's all the information I have at this stage.

Of course, we will pass on any more concrete information as soon as we have it.

Kind regards

Andrew Winfield
Parts & Accessories Manager
Honda (UK)
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
I wonder if it's a genuine Honda space saver of the right size although not specifically for the new HRV.

try mytyres.co.uk  for full size steel wheel with tyre fitted
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
try mytyres.co.uk  for full size steel wheel with tyre fitted
Too tall for the shallow well.
--
TG

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »
We Jazz Mk 3 owners have had similar problems as discussed in this thread http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7501.0.

I've checked the Cox Motor Parts site and they have an HRV space saver http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-hrv-space-saver-spare-wheel2016-p-5169.html.

Outrageous price. £189.99 Inc VAT. I will rely on bottle of gunge and 3 year breakdown.
I was lucky with my Jazz, I found an original alloy wheel with a good tyre for £60 and never had to use it in the 3 years I had it. Hope my luck stays intact with my HR-V
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 09:00:38 AM »
Outrageous price. £189.99 Inc VAT. I will rely on bottle of gunge and 3 year breakdown.
I was lucky with my Jazz, I found an original alloy wheel with a good tyre for £60 and never had to use it in the 3 years I had it. Hope my luck stays intact with my HR-V
Instead buy a satellite phone so you know you will be able to call for help. Far too much of the UK has worse mobile phone coverage than most of the third world. The statistics only look at the proportion of the population covered rather than the proportion of the area.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
It's a fundamental decision not to fit EU models with a spare, as there is no bolt hole in the well to secure the wheel either. US and Australian models have the wheel and mount as standard.

Alternatives:

Another alternative is to buy a different car. :)  Our VW Tiguan came with a spare.

Particularly in the UK, for the demographic that is Honda's typical customer, to not even have provision for a spare is bonkers / insulting.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
you are not alone ......................... :-X

http://www.hrvforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45

Honda CR-V 2007----    has 5 stud 114.3mm PCD 64.1 spigot and 50mm offset and has 15 to 18" wheel options - maybe worth a look.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:50:54 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »
I am now the proud owner of five alloy wheels and tyres. I found a brand new wheel and tyre at a dealers where they had sold a car to a customer who wanted different wheels.
While it is not a perfect fit in the wheel well it gives peace of mind and is infinitely better than a spacesaver.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »

http://www.hrvforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45

Interesting comment towards the end of that thread that 2017 models will have the spare wheel bracket fitted.

Tags:

anything