Author Topic: Buy navigation later?  (Read 5943 times)

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Buy navigation later?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
No, it does flex slightly but it’s well clear of the screen. If you use it in landscape mode for sat nav it sits just above it so it doesn’t block the view either

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
My Jazz has just had a new satnav unit fitted as the previous unit was locked. The software is outdated and several local roads are missing. They are also missing on my portable satnav . . . . I am destined to get lost !

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
I stick mine on the infotainment screen short cable straight down to power socket.
Job done
Makes info screen useful.

Genius!

As this screen is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard I might follow suit. Do you slap it straight in the middle? There is that irritating warning thing to turn off every time you start the engine.

I'd like to stick mine over the Deflation Warning System light if it would fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest7494

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »
Top right hand corner so that the irritating  screen button is still available to push

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
The new jazz doesn’t make it easy to use an air vent phone holder. Maybe by the drinks holder to the right of the steering wheel but I haven’t had to a chance to check properly.
Been using one of these for over two years now:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YLREM2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fits in the drinks holder, and the long neck means you can position it without obstructing any of the windows or the air vent. Just don't over-tighten it, that would probably break the drinks holder.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 10:24:10 PM »
I think we need instructions Colin.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 11:18:43 PM »
1. Click the link provided
2. Click “Add to basket”
3. Sign in to your Amazon account
4. Enter credit card details, delivery address, etc
5. Click “Buy”
6. Put the kettle on, walk the dog, wait a few days.
OK ? ;D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »
1. Click the link provided
2. Click “Add to basket”
3. Sign in to your Amazon account
4. Enter credit card details, delivery address, etc
5. Click “Buy”
6. Put the kettle on, walk the dog, wait a few days.
OK ? ;D

LOL
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 11:28:33 AM »
Certainly walked into that one! ;D

supersnipe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »
Bought a phone mount from cdslotmount.com a couple of months ago, and I find it's excellent. I opted for the deep holder, as my Moto G5 only just fitted into the standard holder, and I was afraid that it might fall out. The deep holder grips the phone firmly, but the rubberised claw does no damage to the phone's casing. The mount holds the phone nice and steady, and it's at a comfortable height to read the display easily. With my phone on the left hand ball joint, it doesn't interfere with any of the controls, and because it's a ball joint the phone can be positioned exactly as I wish. I find Google maps is very clear both audibly and visibly, but you do need to switch Bluetooth off in order to hear the spoken instructions. Hope this is helpful!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 08:58:34 PM »
but you do need to switch Bluetooth off in order to hear the spoken instructions. Hope this is helpful!
'Off'? Did you mis-type that? I use a sat-nav and I switch the infotainment audio source to Bluetooth so that music and sat-nav instructions both come over the car's speakers. The music quality from my phone isn't quite as good as from my iPod but it solves the 'instructions v music' argument. The music pauses (or at least mutes) while the sat-nav speaks.

supersnipe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
Yes, with Bluetooth switched on, Google Maps remains silent. As soon as I switch Bluetooth off, the audio instructions come through loud and clear. If you're using a sat nav rather than a phone with a navigation app, I presume different criteria apply.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
Yes, with Bluetooth switched on, Google Maps remains silent. As soon as I switch Bluetooth off, the audio instructions come through loud and clear. If you're using a sat nav rather than a phone with a navigation app, I presume different criteria apply.
Sounds like you don't have your system set up although it's a puzzle what you've done. I use a phone with a sat nav app (originally Google Maps, then Copilot and these days TomTom) and my experience is completely the opposite. If I select 'Bluetooth' on the infotainment unit I get music streamed from my phone and sat nav instructions interrupt it as appropriate. It all comes over the car's speakers.

Tags:

anything