Author Topic: High Idle (1500rpm) All the time  (Read 12633 times)

guest2923

High Idle (1500rpm) All the time
« on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »
Hi, First time on the site so here goes...
 Just bought the Jazz and thought the idle would be easy to adjust, but no!

It looks as though its had a new battery, so disconnected it again and tried again hoping the ecu would learn.

In the Haynes manual it says about after the re connection of the battery, running it at a steady rpm for a set while.

Is that really going to do the job?
Some time it does drop a bit to about 1000 rpm but its not erractic, cannot here or feel or see any cracks that would point to any air leaks.
 ::)
Any ideas folks, it would be appreciated
John

guest2913

• Topic Starter
Re: High Idle (1500rpm) All the time
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »
I've notice on mine when its cold it idle at 1500 rpm as it gets warm like traveling down the road and stopping at traffic lights i see the idle slowly drops, when its warm / hot mine sits at about 400 to 700 rpm, maybe its still learning or remembering what it use to do give it a few days it might learnt by then  ;)

guest2923

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:03 PM »
Hi James,  ::) It makes no difference whether hot or cold, it just idles at 1500rpm the battery has not been touched for 2 months now.

ricksmith

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »
Hi, First time on the site so here goes...
 Just bought the Jazz and thought the idle would be easy to adjust, but no!

It looks as though its had a new battery, so disconnected it again and tried again hoping the ecu would learn.

In the Haynes manual it says about after the re connection of the battery, running it at a steady rpm for a set while.

Is that really going to do the job?
Some time it does drop a bit to about 1000 rpm but its not erractic, cannot here or feel or see any cracks that would point to any air leaks.
 ::)
Any ideas folks, it would be appreciated
John

HI

This is going to be interesting as Firsthonda, another site member has exactly the opposite problem to you, too low a tickover. He's not updated his post so dont know if he's cracked it or not. Please update if you do manage to get a solution. I think firsthonda has exhausted everything and still cant get a result. Did you buy it from a Honda dealer????? If so it would be a trip back to them for me.
Best of luck, we're all counting on you!!!

Rick

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
Is it started to happen after the battery change?

I`d check the Idle Air Control Valve first:
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/97/SAA2E97A20336100000DAAT00.HTML.

To troubleshoot that (IACV) problem:
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/98/SAA2E98K72100081143FAAT00.HTML.

guest2983

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 07:19:29 AM »
Check your Throttle Position Sensor, if its not working ECU assumes a default start at preset speed.

Tags:

anything