Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1441 times)

Izzy

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 SE Jazz
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:51:28 PM »
Hi Guys I am about to buy a 2006 Jazz sport with 20k on the clock good buy ? your comments would be apricated.

Cheers

Alan

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:01:59 AM »
Welcome, Alan. An excellent buy, but it depends on what you are paying for it. Do you know why it has done so few miles? My 2006 has done 104,000 miles and that is classed as lower than average miles. Has it been serviced by date, as against by miles? I am sure you will enjoy the flexibility and economy you will get from the Jazz.

Izzy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 03:58:27 PM »
Oh dear I did not buy the sport too many dents in the ns doors they looked wavy in the sun light the below is the car I did eventually buy. :o I put it down to an age thing and that I appear to have a bought a very nice Jazz. Surprised how nippy the 1.4 is. More fun than my 2010 CRV auto which I have just sold. :P 
Yes One owner a young lady I spoke to her and asked about the car it was her shopping trolley from day one, the car has just been serviced at non Honda garage new pads all round, all oils been changed only last month. 
Given its age (not going on mileage) I will be changing the plugs
 Just washed and clayed then Boora polish next wash will be followed by Boora sealant.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:21:46 PM by Izzy »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 05:55:49 PM »
If it is an i-DSi, remember they have 8 plugs, with four at the rear of the engine.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Izzy

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 08:25:30 PM »
If it is an i-DSi, remember they have 8 plugs, with four at the rear of the engine.

Yes thanks for the heads up I have ordered 8 plugs and will be fitted asap I had it in my mind to change them given the age of the car in relation to the 17500 miles the car has done. They are after all eight years old.

Tags:

anything