Author Topic: honda recovery  (Read 2203 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
honda recovery
« on: April 24, 2019, 08:37:53 PM »
is it 3 years breakdown cover you get with the car and then you ask on the fourth year for the free breakdown cover, or do you get one year and have to ask on every service ?

i did remember the guy at handover saying the cover includes homestart even after the three years is up when you ask for it, i just thought it went down to recovery only, which was a nice suprise

you only get one year with toyota, my 2011 jazz came with three years hope it is still the case

thanks

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: honda recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »
Yes, full cover for 3 years in UK.  After 3rd service and after expiry of 3 years, ask dealer for continuing Honda Assist.  You get a document to confirm the arrangement.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:31:15 PM »
cheers  :)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 06:54:30 AM »
After 3rd service and after expiry of 3 years, ask dealer for continuing Honda Assist.  You get a document to confirm the arrangement.
I think this depends on goodwill from the dealer. Honda Assist is part of the warranty, and there’s nothing formal in any documentation stating it continues after warranty expiry. Worth asking, but don’t be surprised if the answer’s “no”.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 11:45:14 AM »
I think this depends on goodwill from the dealer. Honda Assist is part of the warranty, and there’s nothing formal in any documentation stating it continues after warranty expiry. Worth asking, but don’t be surprised if the answer’s “no”.

That must be correct - our dealer always made it seem like they were doing us a favour and you do have to specifically ask, and check it's been done.

Son-in-law now drives our older mk2 and our daughter booked the car in and asked for it, however son-in-law is not clued on these things and didn't check on the day.  He then got stuck with a flat battery and they wouldn't turn out.   I'd have made a fuss about it, but he doesn't give a toss and his solution was to emergency join the AA - for £200!

The coverage on the complimentary cover is lesser than the initial cover. Scroll right down to “Complimentary Roadside Assistance ” at https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:47:35 AM by Rory »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 12:38:38 PM »
After 3rd service and after expiry of 3 years, ask dealer for continuing Honda Assist.  You get a document to confirm the arrangement.
I think the scheme is national, but dealer opt-in may be discretionary.  The Roadside Assistance contract on Honda-headed paper has a contract no and a dealer code. Perhaps Honda negotiates a national rate with the AA and leaves it to dealers to decide whether or not to use it.  I was told about it when I had the annual service, but it was left to me to initiate the request at the right time.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 10:46:45 PM »
Quote from: Downsizer link=topic=1107
Perhaps Honda negotiates a national rate with the AA and leaves it to dealers to decide whether or not to use it.

If they do have to pay for it then it must be a trivial amount.  Daughter used to have a Mitsubishi Colt and they renewed the full pan-European assistant plan at each service.  Dealer told me it cost them £20.

I wish VW would do it too - only 1 yrs from new with them.  I think they really miss a trick on long-term service loyalty by not offering to renew as the cars get older.  Oddly SEAT do.

Dave H

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 07:34:15 AM »
I'm picking up my 10 month old SE in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the Honda Assist is transferable?
I'd ask the dealer but they either won't know and will waffle or know and obfuscate.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 09:00:49 AM »
I think Honda Assist on UK cars under 3 years old is part of the warranty, and therefore transferable.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
I think Honda Assist on UK cars under 3 years old is part of the warranty, and therefore transferable.
Yes. It applies to the vehicle, not the owner.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything